• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

Was there today and all the open trails skied great for the 1st 2/3rds of the day. Got a little scrapy the last 1/3rd of the day. Still seeing the rain on Monday the place was in great shape. guns going on the lower mountain and they have started over at mittersil for the racers.
It will only hold for a couple of hours with more traffic.

Smellytele

So the tram is open but not for skiers…
“he Aerial Tramway is scheduled to open for walk-on/ round-trip traffic ONLY at 9:00am. There will be no ski or snowboard equipment allowed on the Tram until we are able to ski back to it.”

snoseek

I was wrong about yesterday being scrapped off early. There was no one there at all. All lifts were ski on. Racers outnumbered the casual skiers by an overwhelming majority.
They all have epic and ikon passes now.

drjeff

Per Liftblog, the only bid was from Leitner-Poma, for just over 29 million for the tram. The state budget allocation for the project was 18 million.....

Smellytele

Today at cannon there was the dreaded south wind. Blowing straight down the trails. Front five wasn’t bad but riding the quads was full force wind in your face. The upper glades were a lot of fun today as was Taft and upper and middle hard scrabble.