Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 163

AlpineZone

Page 163 of 233 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2325
    Quote Originally Posted by becca m View Post
    I would think Gremlin-ish, to Middle and Upper Cannon would have better clearance/vis (or to up Tramway) would work but I'm not sure about the junctions. Of course, a route up Mittersill would be great (like in the old days )

Gary's/Rocket would (actually are, when the area's closed) be easy skinning but the best snow is usually skier's left, where they're flattest, IMO!!! And the yahoos (like me) come down that side when the snow is good
    See, that's the thing ... unless you could go up Dave's Detour to either Tramway or Vista Way. A Mittersill route might be good.

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by becca m View Post
    I would think Gremlin-ish, to Middle and Upper Cannon would have better clearance/vis (or to up Tramway) would work but I'm not sure about the junctions. Of course, a route up Mittersill would be great (like in the old days )

Gary's/Rocket would (actually are, when the area's closed) be easy skinning but the best snow is usually skier's left, where they're flattest, IMO!!! And the yahoos (like me) come down that side when the snow is good
    Not so sure upper cannon would be a good option. Very twisty and lots of blind spots
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by fcksummer View Post
    Who's crying? I was just curious if anything was being done besides the snowmaking and t-bar on the training trail.
    Fair enough.With all the complaining on this thread about the Mittersill upgrades this sure sounds like more of the same.You do know non racers will be able to use this trail at times also right?If it were not for the new snowmaking on Mittersill this past year it never would have opened.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    Fair enough.With all the complaining on this thread about the Mittersill upgrades this sure sounds like more of the same.You do know non racers will be able to use this trail at times also right?If it were not for the new snowmaking on Mittersill this past year it never would have opened.
    I've said before in this thread that I appreciated having Mittersill open this year, which obviously wouldn't have happened without the snowmaking. With that being said the training slope doesn't do anything for me, it looks like a boring trail and it's ugly as hell to be honest. If all the work their doing this summer is on that particular trail then they're not doing anything that will personally benefit me.

Quote Originally Posted by fcksummer View Post
    I've said before in this thread that I appreciated having Mittersill open this year, which obviously wouldn't have happened without the snowmaking. With that being said the training slope doesn't do anything for me, it looks like a boring trail and it's ugly as hell to be honest. If all the work their doing this summer is on that particular trail then they're not doing anything that will personally benefit me.
    Dont be so sure.If it gets them training on Taft instead of Garys.But that probably wont happen.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    Dont be so sure.If it gets them training on Taft instead of Garys.But that probably wont happen.
    True, but that's not really what I had in mind when talking about off season improvements.

Don't forget, Cannon will still be training on Gary's and Time Zone even if FSC trains primarily on Baron's and the new training slope. So I imagine there will still be kids racing on the front side. Although the traffic will be significantly less.

Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    Don't forget, Cannon will still be training on Gary's and Time Zone even if FSC trains primarily on Baron's and the new training slope. So I imagine there will still be kids racing on the front side. Although the traffic will be significantly less.
    Huh. Like what teams? I would expect Holderness to be over on the new area too.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Cannon has its seasonal programs, which I am sure you are aware of. However, most people don't realize that when the kids get older they set up brushes, stubbies, gates etc. and are actually training. It often looks like FSC to many, but its not. Its actually the mountain doing their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    Cannon has its seasonal programs, which I am sure you are aware of. However, most people don't realize that when the kids get older they set up brushes, stubbies, gates etc. and are actually training. It often looks like FSC to many, but its not. Its actually the mountain doing their own thing.
    ok. You made it would like a racing program. But they don't close the runs for those.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information