• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
It was strange for sure. Whole ride up and ride back involved lots of heavy mist and temps in the 30s. From Plymouth on north were in their own microclimate. It did get cloudy and a bit cooler after 2:30, but still 10 degrees warmer than points south.

Only skied about 4 hours today including a rather long lunch break. With all the natural snow on the mountain, the sun and warm temps really softened things up today and skiing anything that wasn't super tracked out was a struggle. Upper mountain glades mostly good with a few bony areas. Woods past Hardscrabble were pretty ugly, that 30 inches of snow is getting cut down pretty quick. Ungroomed bumps in well traveled areas were a lot of fun.

Spent a few runs in the Zoomer area which was decent on the snowmaking trails. Liftline was too soft to turn in. Groomers very sticky all over.

Kind of a weird day and not my favorite day ever. The snow is in that weird purgatory where it's soft and sticky but not spring corn yet. I didn't get over to Kinsman because just the relatively short summit glades required a lot of effort, and 1500 vertical of that would've been a hell of a time plus the slog back to the chair. Didn't get over to Mittersill either.
Cannon is always intense to be sure. Glad your day worked out. I should also be glad with my day at Ragged. Sweet turns albeit for only two hours.

Zand

Already lost 8 trails since yesterday, including Bypass which is surprising considering it wasn't that bad yesterday. Thin for sure but better than the usual sheet of ice that it is.