• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

Weird shit has been going on the last month. And don’t blame the new guy. He is not here yet.
Jace Wirth was announced as the new GM on 2/22. 6 weeks later he has not shown up? BS I blame him.

Puck it

Jace Wirth was announced as the new GM on 2/22. 6 weeks later he has not shown up? BS I blame him.
You have no idea what his actual start date is.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

You have no idea what his actual start date is.
the article states "Wirth is expected to begin at Cannon in mid-March." By announcing the new GM on 2/22 and him not showing up now 6 weeks later basically sets up the acting GM as a lame duck. As the saying goes when the cats away the mice will play. Based on the vast number of employees I have seen skiing over the last month it's easy to see why weird shit has happened there recently.

By the way he is supposed to start Monday 4/08th. "Hi I am here to shut this place down:):)"

Last edited:

Puck it

The early closing came from Concord. The reason being that they are bleeding money this year. Miss JD.

snoseek

The early closing came from Concord. The reason being that they are bleeding money this year. Miss JD.
Ok this was what I suspected. It's a bummer but that's the downfall to being state run. It seems like whoever made that decision is completely out of touch though

snoseek

It's not like a full boat cannon pass is exactly a bargain. That's some vail bait and switch bullshit...except wildcats going for all of next week and the following weekend. I'm pretty reluctant to reup I might watch from the sidelines next winter

Smellytele

Skiing was really good today. The lifts were another story. No peabody/mittersil to start they had the tram going. Then cannonball went down. But at that point mittersill was up so went over there. Then cannonball and Peabody came online.