• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

I like how on the right side they show trails but then draw through them with 2 names - Idiot's and Candyland and never really name the trails (that really aren't there anyway)
Candyland is an area not really a trail, may be that is what they are trying to represent. Same goes for Idiot's Delight which I am not familar with that name.

SIKSKIER

I still want to know how we get out of the Birches when there is a race on Baron's or will they shut them down. There are like three different entrances to the Birches.
I'm guessing that when there are races there will be a fence across the all the exit points and it will funnel you down to the cutback to Cannon via Rabbit Path.I would be a controlled cut over similar to other race setups on Cannon.

SIKSKIER

I've never heard of Idiots before either.Probably named for the person that changed Profile to Cannonball,then back to Profile and finally moved that name to Mittersill.

Farleyman

I've never heard of Idiots before either.Probably named for the person that changed Profile to Cannonball,then back to Profile and finally moved that name to Mittersill.

I just "lol'd"

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

The trail name I hate the most there is Global Warming Glade - that .... is a cornball name! I know it was there before this update but it just became more noticeable. On the Mittersill side - track track? Is there history there?

freeski

The trail name I hate the most there is Global Warming Glade - that .... is a cornball name! I know it was there before this update but it just became more noticeable. On the Mittersill side - track track? Is there history there?
Yep, from the first time I saw it... very, very poor name. Worst name in all of NE.

freeski

Do they just have to put the T-bar in next summer and the expansion will be done? After the woods recover it will look better. Hopefully the snow will hide the scars and make everything better.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
New Map is up.

map.jpg

Atleast they didn't put Zoomer Bar on there

MadMadWorld

I find it hilarious that the hiking trails is intermediate....I find climbing that more challenging then half the trails over at Mitty