• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
It took just one run this morning to remind me how terrible a skier I am.

Can anyone recommend an instructor at Cannon for a private lesson or two? If so would you mind pm'ing me? I think I need to make the investment...

Thanks in advance!

Hey, we are in the bar at Cannon. Saw you post you were here today

Edd

Can anyone recommend an instructor at Cannon for a private lesson or two? If so would you mind pm'ing me? I think I need to make the investment...

Thanks in advance!

I took a lesson there once with Chuck, who I thought was pretty good. You could PM Liquidfeet, a member here who's familiar with the Cannon instructors.

freeski

Going into January with 20 acres? Snowmaking only on open trails? No top to bottom? Four lifts running with Tram only for sight seeing? It's been a very tough start to the season, but this is unacceptable.

Chart courtesy of Tax Payers for Cannon

Attachments

• terrainopen-2015-1231[1].jpg
    terrainopen-2015-1231[1].jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 100

Cannonball

Going into January with 20 acres? Snowmaking only on open trails? No top to bottom? Four lifts running with Tram only for sight seeing? It's been a very tough start to the season, but this is unacceptable.

Chart courtesy of Tax Payers for Cannon

First: You lose points for supporting that crap site with your click.

But...it is unacceptable. Weather is weather but WTF?!? Here's an idea Cannon: stop blasting your customers in the face with your rain guns. Move them over to closed terrain so that you might have something else to open tomorrow. Even if you can't expand terrain at least you can shift it over to something that hasn't been beat up yet. Cannon must have a partnership with Grunden's rain wear considering the garbage they pour out of their guns.

Just another day at the Peabody Base....
02.jpg

Puck it

First: You lose points for supporting that crap site with your click.

But...it is unacceptable. Weather is weather but WTF?!? Here's an idea Cannon: stop blasting your customers in the face with your rain guns. Move them over to closed terrain so that you might have something else to open tomorrow. Even if you can't expand terrain at least you can shift it over to something that hasn't been beat up yet. Cannon must have a partnership with Grunden's rain wear considering the garbage they pour out of their guns.

Just another day at the Peabody Base....
attachment.php
The gun at the top of Eagle Cliff was blasting water droplets right near the ramp. I wanted to go over and turn it off.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty certain the accident happened at the bottom terminal, not the top and the injured girl likely wouldn't appreciate people joking about the situation. Just saying.....

mbedle

I just looked at the report this morning. Why are they saying experts only for riding on Upper Cannon? Isn't that an intermediate trail? Also, the report says something about taking a shuttle to the tram to access that trail and maybe they will open the Cannonball lift. That seems really odd to me that people are gong to get on a shuttle to take a run down a single trail. Maybe that is the way these always do it.

JDMRoma

They don't have the cannonball lift ready yet. Only way to access upper cannon is the tram. Experts only, still under hew guns most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

They don't have the cannonball lift ready yet. Only way to access upper cannon is the tram. Experts only, still under hew guns most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Experts only becuase the guns will coat your goggles with ice and seeing will be an option. Thus experts only.

skiberg

I have heard the new compressor that FSC bought for the mountain is not functioning properly. They can't generate enough PSi without it to properly make snow. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?