• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Bottom line is the Cannon racers are little terrors all over the mountain & in the lift lines, the season passholders are old grumpy assholes, the family day trippers are clueless gapers and everyone should go to Loon. :thumbup:
Damn! Something everybody agrees with? :blink:

witch hobble

Rumor has it that the State of New Hampshire is going to lease Mittersill to the State of Massachusetts. Revenue generated from the lease will go to fund a mountain coaster that comes down the cliff right by the old man's remains. Also to put a waffle hut on top of Mt Lafayette.

Farleyman

What's up at wildcat? No forum for conditions. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Talked to a kid who races for FSC while skiing Sunapee yesterday. Asked him about Baron's and specifically why they are still training on Gary's now that Baron's is open.

He said the plan was for them to move over there full time once they install a rope tow. Which he said would be next yr or the yr after.
Just chairlift chatter so take it for what it's worth. He could have been totally wrong but seemed to be in the know.

Puck it

Talked to a kid who races for FSC while skiing Sunapee yesterday. Asked him about Baron's and specifically why they are still training on Gary's now that Baron's is open.

He said the plan was for them to move over there full time once they install a rope tow. Which he said would be next yr or the yr after.
Just chairlift chatter so take it for what it's worth. He could have been totally wrong but seemed to be in the know.
That would be the t-bar install on Taft Slope.

dlague

Got it OK.....still surprising if true though that they may be on Gary's more often than not until the T goes in.

I posted a video in this thread supporting the t bar. I that video they talk about it being the main training slope. Barron's will be used for GS training and races.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gregnye

I really don't understand all the whining and complaining about mittersill. Isn't this the "Cannon-lover's thread" not the "Cannon-haters thread"?:smile:

I actually think that mittersill is a great place for them to practice. Give them a separate slope that no one really goes on anyway (the lower part of Mittersill isn't as good as the upper in my opinion). Give them a separate lift (the t-bar) that only they use so they don't crowd up lines for the main lifts. I mean it just seems so logical.

However logic doesn't seem to be at play here. Just emotional bickering. You all sound like my old high school girlfriend :razz:

I too loved the backcountry at mittersill. And there still will be trails there that have no snow-making and grooming. I don't really see what there is to complain about. It wasn't real backcountry anyway. Like there's nothing stop you guys from taking an avalanche course and going out and skiing some real backcountry if thats your thing. Don't blame cannon for trying to improve their skiing experience.

End rant. Now can we go back to Killington=Fail threads already?? :smile::smile:

SIKSKIER

"Please note: Baron's Run will be closed to the public this Thursday & Friday (1/28 & 1/29)"
- Cannon snow report 1/25/2016

That's where I'm getting my information.
And what does my post say?Almost never and for FSC's private use.Here is the rest of that statement you conviently left out.

Please note: Baron's Run will be closed to the public this Thursday & Friday (1/28 & 1/29), as we'll be hosting a speed camp for up and coming ski racers from all over New England

Cannonball

And what does my post say?Almost never and for FSC's private use.Here is the rest of that statement you conviently left out.

Please note: Baron's Run will be closed to the public this Thursday & Friday (1/28 & 1/29), as we'll be hosting a speed camp for up and coming ski racers from all over New England

Semantics. Closed to Public use. FSC is calling it "FSC Speed Camp".