Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 233 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Got it last spring with cannonball and EDD, was fantastic as ever...
    Fun day...

Funny thing, my GF just will not warm up to Sunday River. I've had uncannily bad luck with her there with conditions (icy or slushy, which she hates) and crowds when there should be no crowds. The place scares her.

I take her to Cannon for the first time 2 seasons ago and we get a surprise 4 inches of fresh and she has a friggin blast. Looooves Cannon, she says. SR scares her and she's fine with Cannon. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Fun day...

Funny thing, my GF just will not warm up to Sunday River. I've had uncannily bad luck with her there with conditions (icy or slushy, which she hates) and crowds when there should be no crowds. The place scares her.

I take her to Cannon for the first time 2 seasons ago and we get a surprise 4 inches of fresh and she has a friggin blast. Looooves Cannon, she says. SR scares her and she's fine with Cannon. Go figure.
    My wife and I used to ski SR a lot back in the early to mid 90's it was great. Then something happened there in the late 90's early 00's. (Down fall of ASC most likely). Their snowmaking and trail up keep went to hell. She hates it now. We have always both loved Cannon. We are going to ski SR the Sat of T-day but our expectations are low. Our 3 kids have never skied there so thought we would bring them.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Fun day...

Your girlfriend is a keeper.
    Arc \'em or park \'em

I Believe it was the winter of 81-82 or it could had been the previous year. Was at UNH early season storm dumped about 1.5 feet on campus on Monday or Tuesday (melted in a day) so we decided to blow off Friday classes and go skiing. So o Thursday I call late afternoon to make sure they are open, old new hampshirite answers and says yup got 3feet in the storm and around 2-3 feet I flurries the rest of the week. Driving up no snow anywhere, go around the corner of profile lake and boom 8' snow banks. First car in the tram lot, on first tram only had one trail groomed on the lower peabody side and maybe 75 skiers. Had untracked bottomless all day.

Just came from a great Simmer 'n Brew event at the mountain. Really good night of music, beer, and food. BUT they had their 2014/15 trail maps out. Some unfortunate stuff added to the map. Some previous stashes are now marked. And some stupid trail-count BS has been included. Apparently they're a little embarrassed about this since they haven't updated their online maps. Oh well, so it goes, not surprising but a little disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    And some stupid trail-count BS has been included.
    Do tell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Just came from a great Simmer 'n Brew event at the mountain. Really good night of music, beer, and food. BUT they had their 2014/15 trail maps out. Some unfortunate stuff added to the map. Some previous stashes are now marked. And some stupid trail-count BS has been included. Apparently they're a little embarrassed about this since they haven't updated their online maps. Oh well, so it goes, not surprising but a little disappointing.

Damn, where can they really go as far as boosting trail counts? Seems like they've already tacked names on every little piece of real estate on the hill!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Damn, where can they really go as far as boosting trail counts? Seems like they've already tacked names on every little piece of real estate on the hill!!!
    The added Goat Path back to the map and the blue section of Lower Cannon is now Rock Garden. A small glade off Snowmaker's called Lil Bertha. And three glades of Mid and Lower Hard. I will post the map.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Cannon sucks. The regulars don't even ski full days there.
    I also do the Twitters.

Thread Information