• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

skiberg

I get the joke and actually agree, the new cut is ugly as hell, but the mountain is still a lot less developed than it once was. I guess I was responding to the post who said the mountain was being changed, but we have been down this road enough times already.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

freeski

The new T-bar will be open to the public. I can't see it just being used for racing. It may be just for racers when they are racing/training, but on busy days it will be open. We'll find out soon.

Los

The new T-bar will be open to the public. I can't see it just being used for racing. It may be just for racers when they are racing/training, but on busy days it will be open. We'll find out soon.

agreed - there's no way it won't be open to the public at least some of the time... My uninformed guess is that it will be closed to the public roughly proportional to how often time zone is typically closed off... Don't throw tomatoes -- it's just a guess.

skiberg

BTW. It appears that ALL FSC races will be held at Mitt. next year. So periodic closure of Gary's is a thing of the past.

Not sure about high school and other races, but I can't imagine it would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

Didn't know Cannon was in line for this.From the GM's FB page:"How can I say, "Three Hundred Eighty-Eight New HKD's On The Cannon Side, and a New Booster Pumphouse... and Nearly Two Hundred SnowLogics on the Mittersill Side..." without sounding overly giddy?"

Puck it

Didn't know Cannon was in line for this.From the GM's FB page:"How can I say, "Three Hundred Eighty-Eight New HKD's On The Cannon Side, and a New Booster Pumphouse... and Nearly Two Hundred SnowLogics on the Mittersill Side..." without sounding overly giddy?"
Give a link please. It is about time they got read of all of those old guns.