• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

Do any other ski areas have this policy like Cannon?
Saw this on their website:

The use of Drones for photography or other use at Cannon Mountain is prohibited. The airspace above Cannon is protected, and authorization must be obtained prior to operating a drone over/around Cannon Mountain.

This could happen!!!!!

Puck it

Ducking ropes or cartwheeling over snow snakes? Maybe it picked up 4 grown men riding the Tuckerbrook quad in search of the elusive Bobcat...

I think this is might be the entrnace.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 77-04-01-24-Bob-bobcat-Img_0705.jpg
    77-04-01-24-Bob-bobcat-Img_0705.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 269

poleboarder1

What is with "Rock Garden" that is stretching this new trail idea. Blowing up some glades again too...Whats the point of having a larger numbers of trails? Pretty soon the streets will be running with latte:

SIKSKIER

The mountain manager JD has been getting slammed on FB these inflated trail numbers.Not so much for the trail numbers but for the marketing of these.He has responded but we are not buying the hype.Most of this week the ski report has been boasting about the most open trails in NH which is directly associated with these inflated trail counts.Yesterday the report actually said "We maintain the fact that we have the most open trails in NH.That's great but Cannon has 120 acres to Loons 222 and BW's 235.I believe only 1 new glade was cut but they advertise 8 new trails and glades.

MadMadWorld

The mountain manager JD has been getting slammed on FB these inflated trail numbers.Not so much for the trail numbers but for the marketing of these.He has responded but we are not buying the hype.Most of this week the ski report has been boasting about the most open trails in NH which is directly associated with these inflated trail counts.Yesterday the report actually said "We maintain the fact that we have the most open trails in NH.That's great but Cannon has 120 acres to Loons 222 and BW's 235.I believe only 1 new glade was cut but they advertise 8 new trails and glades.

Wow that's terrible.

Farleyman

Anyone skied their recently? Havnt been keep up with this thread... Heading up Xmas night fr 10 days of skiing... Hoping to hit cannon atleast half of those

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

Anyone skied their recently? Havnt been keep up with this thread... Heading up Xmas night fr 10 days of skiing... Hoping to hit cannon atleast half of those

Yes sir, it is skiing pretty good for early December. They are opening the summit tomorrow.

Farleyman

Nice!!!! Can't wait to get back up there!

Savemeasammy

That's embarrassing.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

BTW, I changing it from the Front 5 since everyone is complaining about it.

It is now the Front 7 just because it is more. I may have to contact the Cannon marketing deprtment about this. They shouldn't be selling themselves sort.

dlague

I should be there with wife unless she wants to go to Bretton Woods. She is a little intimidated by Cannon.

My wife will be there too. Maybe they can take a few runs while we do.

Regarding the front 5, I remember your comment about the front 6 or 7.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

[h=5]Maybe it should be the front 16

Front 5 Area[/h]
black.gif
Avalanche
OpenSnowmaking
blue.gif
Banshee
Open
blue.gif
Banshee Cut-thru
Open
blue.gif
Banshee Lift Line
Open
blue.gif
Gary's
OpenSnowmakingGroomed
blue.gif
Jasper's Hideaway
Open
green.gif
Lakeside
Open
blue.gif
Mickey's Margin
OpenGroomed
black.gif
Paulie's Folly
Open
blue.gif
Ride Around
Open
blue.gif
Rocket
OpenGroomed
green.gif
Skateway
Open
blue.gif
Tram Cutback
OpenSnowmaking
blue.gif
Zoomalanche
Open
black.gif
Zoomer
Open
black.gif
Zoomer Lift Line
Open

4aprice

I should be there with wife unless she wants to go to Bretton Woods. She is a little intimidated by Cannon.

Going to be up in the Cannon/Bretton Woods area again this weekend. Should be great. Nobody mentioning that (according to Snocountry) that Cannon got 4-6 and Bretton 5-6 last night. A great way to finish off the 1st 1/3 of the season before the masses show up.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Puck it

Maybe it should be the front 16

Front 5 Area

black.gif
Avalanche
OpenSnowmaking
blue.gif
Banshee
Open
blue.gif