• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

SIKSKIER

That was me.40+.Well at least I'd like to take credit for it.You cant change a trail name just because somebody put the wrong name on the trailmaps.

dlague

They seem pretty excited about this:

"Tower guns top-to-bottom on Baron's Run over on Mittersill! More news coming soon... "

baronguns.jpg

Tin

They seem pretty excited about this:

"Tower guns top-to-bottom on Baron's Run over on Mittersill! More news coming soon... "

attachment.php

giphy.gif

Savemeasammy

....ugh.

Last season when we were there, Baron's was a nice natural snow bump run. R.I.P Mittersill.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

For all of you that piss and moan about the new clearing of Mittersill,here is the "good ole days" circa 1950's.

Attachments

• mittersill1950's.jpg
    mittersill1950's.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 97

Brad J

Just because it was once wide open that doesn't mean that its the right thing to do now. I know the damage is done and it will never ski the same ,but it was sure fun before the lift went in.

Farleyman

Brew fest at cannon this weekend, is that a good time? Grabbed a few tickets last week.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

wtcobb

Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country. There's also a ski swap at the Lafayette School 1-3 tomorrow to benefit FSC.

SIKSKIER

Its called sarcasim.I really dont quite get the real hate towards getting Mittersill back towards to what it was.Most people are sad about the constant growing list on NELSAP.This is a reversal and should be hailed as a success.I have spent many hours in the past doing unauthorized cutting there over the years and I get the "dont change the playground that we use and kept going" mentality but I can sure see past that to have an old ski area resurrected.