• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
"It's just interesting what makes some places stand out. "

The Tram!.......It's awesome
Used to ride it years ago hoping they would open the Tramline for sking, Have'nt been back to do it yet.

snoseek

Digging the sweet Cannon pics.

Born and raised on Cannon, from asa's acre to the tram and still take every opportunity to get there on the chance im back east and their still open. Got it last spring with cannonball and EDD, was fantastic as ever. My father still holds a pass there, he's been there since the 60's although the older he gets the more he explores.

Yeah, the place can be a shitshow with weather but it builds character and when its good its amazing!

Cannonball

"It's just interesting what makes some places stand out. "

The Tram!.......It's awesome
Used to ride it years ago hoping they would open the Tramline for sking, Have'nt been back to do it yet.

Yup, that's a factor that can't be denied. And it's a tram with a view....
attachment.php

Attachments

• CannonTramMonkey.jpg
    CannonTramMonkey.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 350

Cannonball

Oh heck, while I'm at it with the pics. Puckit in the trees somewhere in the greater Cannon metro area.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Puckit_lost_boys.jpg
    Puckit_lost_boys.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 353

Edd

Got it last spring with cannonball and EDD, was fantastic as ever...

Fun day...

Funny thing, my GF just will not warm up to Sunday River. I've had uncannily bad luck with her there with conditions (icy or slushy, which she hates) and crowds when there should be no crowds. The place scares her.

I take her to Cannon for the first time 2 seasons ago and we get a surprise 4 inches of fresh and she has a friggin blast. Looooves Cannon, she says. SR scares her and she's fine with Cannon. Go figure.

Smellytele

Fun day...

Funny thing, my GF just will not warm up to Sunday River. I've had uncannily bad luck with her there with conditions (icy or slushy, which she hates) and crowds when there should be no crowds. The place scares her.

I take her to Cannon for the first time 2 seasons ago and we get a surprise 4 inches of fresh and she has a friggin blast. Looooves Cannon, she says. SR scares her and she's fine with Cannon. Go figure.

My wife and I used to ski SR a lot back in the early to mid 90's it was great. Then something happened there in the late 90's early 00's. (Down fall of ASC most likely). Their snowmaking and trail up keep went to hell. She hates it now. We have always both loved Cannon. We are going to ski SR the Sat of T-day but our expectations are low. Our 3 kids have never skied there so thought we would bring them.

KevinF

Fun day...

Your girlfriend is a keeper.

tree_skier

I Believe it was the winter of 81-82 or it could had been the previous year. Was at UNH early season storm dumped about 1.5 feet on campus on Monday or Tuesday (melted in a day) so we decided to blow off Friday classes and go skiing. So o Thursday I call late afternoon to make sure they are open, old new hampshirite answers and says yup got 3feet in the storm and around 2-3 feet I flurries the rest of the week. Driving up no snow anywhere, go around the corner of profile lake and boom 8' snow banks. First car in the tram lot, on first tram only had one trail groomed on the lower peabody side and maybe 75 skiers. Had untracked bottomless all day.

Cannonball

Just came from a great Simmer 'n Brew event at the mountain. Really good night of music, beer, and food. BUT they had their 2014/15 trail maps out. Some unfortunate stuff added to the map. Some previous stashes are now marked. And some stupid trail-count BS has been included. Apparently they're a little embarrassed about this since they haven't updated their online maps. Oh well, so it goes, not surprising but a little disappointing.

snoseek

Just came from a great Simmer 'n Brew event at the mountain. Really good night of music, beer, and food. BUT they had their 2014/15 trail maps out. Some unfortunate stuff added to the map. Some previous stashes are now marked. And some stupid trail-count BS has been included. Apparently they're a little embarrassed about this since they haven't updated their online maps. Oh well, so it goes, not surprising but a little disappointing.

Damn, where can they really go as far as boosting trail counts? Seems like they've already tacked names on every little piece of real estate on the hill!!!

Puck it

Damn, where can they really go as far as boosting trail counts? Seems like they've already tacked names on every little piece of real estate on the hill!!!

The added Goat Path back to the map and the blue section of Lower Cannon is now Rock Garden. A small glade off Snowmaker's called Lil Bertha. And three glades of Mid and Lower Hard. I will post the map.