• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

SIKSKIER

Saturday and Sunday it skied great first thing.After 2 hours (depending on the traffic) Skyline was skied right off with almost nothing to set an edge into.Skyline a an almost perfect flat falline to make nice fast turns.

Edd

Tomorrow looks to be good spring conditions. I plan to hit it for the first time this season.

soposkier

Tomorrow looks to be good spring conditions. I plan to hit it for the first time this season.

Debating doing the same. Haven't used a sick day yet this year, going to runout of time soon. Just worried it might not get warm/sunny enough to soften all over.

Edd

Debating doing the same. Haven't used a sick day yet this year, going to runout of time soon. Just worried it might not get warm/sunny enough to soften all over.

It's a bit of a gamble, I agree, but the winds looks light and temps may hit high forties. If the sun decides to peak through for awhile it could be money. I was considering Atticat, but the forecast is similar for all three.

JDMRoma

Wednesday looks Warmer ! Would be my pick ! Have Friday off though and may hit the cat !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

witch hobble

Skied from 9:30-12:30 today. Overcast, Windy and warm. Smell of spring in the air. LOTS of groundwater leeching up thru the snowpack all over the mountain. Get it while you can cause it won't last long. And regardless of whether they continue to melt or lock up hard, they will be ugly. Profile and the Mitti trails probably have best coverage. Felt like mid April.

JDMRoma

Wednesday looks Warmer ! Would be my pick ! Have Friday off though and may hit the cat !!

I ended up at BW this morning, well it certainly was warm and a lot of melting going on ! snow was getting sticky in spots and Icy and water ponds everywhere ! I bailed and went to Cannon for the afternoon ! Much better but still pretty much the same disease as BW.

Skylight over in Mittersill was fun as well as the upper mountain.......Tramway/Upper Cannon and Upper Ravine were all good,

Front five was a total disaster , Garys and Rocket were firm NO soft snow anywhere to be found.
Mid mountain had its share of water bubbling up and Ice and loose snow.......just had to keep skiing around the bad stuff.

Los

So with no additional snowmaking, what's your guess as to when Cannon will close?

yeggous

JDMRoma

Actually,Skylite was open yesterday.Closed now though.

Skyline = mittersill still open

Skylight upper mountain ! Never opened this year. Poached but never on the list as open