Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 229

AlpineZone

Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2325
    Cannon does not seem to making an "all out snow making assault" on the mountain. I was there on Sunday, they were making snow over on Turnpike and the trails over there, that was about it. Don't they have more snow making capability than that? The Friday event caused a lot damage. I was told by a tram operator that not a single skier showed up Friday, so they closed at 11am. There was a huge washout at the bottom of Paulies/Avalanche-you couldn't ski across. I was hoping to find at least one trail under the guns to ski, but there weren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Cannon does not seem to making an "all out snow making assault" on the mountain. I was there on Sunday, they were making snow over on Turnpike and the trails over there, that was about it. Don't they have more snow making capability than that? The Friday event caused a lot damage. I was told by a tram operator that not a single skier showed up Friday, so they closed at 11am. There was a huge washout at the bottom of Paulies/Avalanche-you couldn't ski across. I was hoping to find at least one trail under the guns to ski, but there weren't any.
    Downside to those cheap resident passes...

On Monday they were blowing on skylight, lower ravine, Taft, lower Hardscrabble/Short fuse, Turnpike and maybe in the beginner area - brookside. Today they are showing snow making on 10 trails.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    The Friday event caused a lot damage. I was told by a tram operator that not a single skier showed up Friday, so they closed at 11am. .
    It was blowing pretty hard along with the sideways rain on Friday.There were more than a few people skiing but not myself.I was surprised they opened at all.
    SIKSKIER

Can anyone update the current conditions on Cannon for this weekend ?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiSnowboarderInNH View Post
    Can anyone update the current conditions on Cannon for this weekend ?
    thanks!
    It was skiing pretty good today . Upper glades were soft and great. Lower glades were boney. Mittersill was fun as well. Trails were skiing well also

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Yesterday was out of this world. Got there w/ 6" or so of nice fresh snow. Even coverage, no wind. It started snowing again around 9:30 and dumped until 12 or 1 before the sun broke through and turned into bluebird.

There was no wind until later in the afternoon, it truly was like skiing in a snow globe.

Even the lower glades were in great shape.

Thanks all.

I went up to Cannon on Wed Jan 30 - my first time,
    I got there had about 8" of new snow, runs off peabody quad not groomed / was still snowing in the am, then the sun came out.
    No lift lines, I doubt it's normally like that?
    There was hardly anyone there and I was able to park right next to the buildings, arrived around 11:30.

I didn't get a chance to explore the mountain enough as I am so out of shape, got winded/tired easily.
    I was able to try all my new gear and after 6 years away from snowboarding I was very happy

It took me 1:15 from Manchester and I plan to go back next week - it's supposed to snow Tue/Wed..

When does the season normally/usually end there?
    Without fresh, are there a lot of steep groomers or is there a better mountain for that?
    I have the trail map and website but since I didn't see the whole mountain it's hard to tell.

I hope to check out Killington and Sunday River but I am hesitant to go on weekends..

Sorry for all the questions, Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiSnowboarderInNH View Post
    Thanks all.

I went up to Cannon on Wed Jan 30 - my first time,
    I got there had about 8" of new snow, runs off peabody quad not groomed / was still snowing in the am, then the sun came out.
    No lift lines, I doubt it's normally like that?
    There was hardly anyone there and I was able to park right next to the buildings, arrived around 11:30.

I didn't get a chance to explore the mountain enough as I am so out of shape, got winded/tired easily.
    I was able to try all my new gear and after 6 years away from snowboarding I was very happy

It took me 1:15 from Manchester and I plan to go back next week - it's supposed to snow Tue/Wed..

When does the season normally/usually end there?
    Without fresh, are there a lot of steep groomers or is there a better mountain for that?
    I have the trail map and website but since I didn't see the whole mountain it's hard to tell.

I hope to check out Killington and Sunday River but I am hesitant to go on weekends..

Sorry for all the questions, Thanks again!
    Pretty much any Eastern resort will be hectic boardering on unbearable on the weekends but we all ski anyways. The next two weekends will likely be the worst with the winter school vacations.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Cannon and almost all New England mountains aren't going to have much in the way of lift lines on a non-holiday midweek day unless there is a major storm. Even then it's typically not as busy as an average Sunday.

Cannon has a handful of good pitched groomers off the top with Cannonball/Profile being the steepest. Zoomer chair has the steepest terrain on the mountain. Barons over on Mittersill is probably the longest consistently pitched trail on the mountain.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information