Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 229

AlpineZone

Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2325
  1. #2281
    Cannon does not seem to making an "all out snow making assault" on the mountain. I was there on Sunday, they were making snow over on Turnpike and the trails over there, that was about it. Don't they have more snow making capability than that? The Friday event caused a lot damage. I was told by a tram operator that not a single skier showed up Friday, so they closed at 11am. There was a huge washout at the bottom of Paulies/Avalanche-you couldn't ski across. I was hoping to find at least one trail under the guns to ski, but there weren't any.

  2. #2282
    MEtoVTSkier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aroostook County, ME
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Cannon does not seem to making an "all out snow making assault" on the mountain. I was there on Sunday, they were making snow over on Turnpike and the trails over there, that was about it. Don't they have more snow making capability than that? The Friday event caused a lot damage. I was told by a tram operator that not a single skier showed up Friday, so they closed at 11am. There was a huge washout at the bottom of Paulies/Avalanche-you couldn't ski across. I was hoping to find at least one trail under the guns to ski, but there weren't any.
    Downside to those cheap resident passes...

  3. #2283
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,857
    On Monday they were blowing on skylight, lower ravine, Taft, lower Hardscrabble/Short fuse, Turnpike and maybe in the beginner area - brookside. Today they are showing snow making on 10 trails.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  4. #2284
    SIKSKIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bedford and Franconia NH
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    The Friday event caused a lot damage. I was told by a tram operator that not a single skier showed up Friday, so they closed at 11am. .
    It was blowing pretty hard along with the sideways rain on Friday.There were more than a few people skiing but not myself.I was surprised they opened at all.
    SIKSKIER

  5. #2285
    Can anyone update the current conditions on Cannon for this weekend ?
    thanks!

  6. #2286
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiSnowboarderInNH View Post
    Can anyone update the current conditions on Cannon for this weekend ?
    thanks!
    It was skiing pretty good today . Upper glades were soft and great. Lower glades were boney. Mittersill was fun as well. Trails were skiing well also


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  7. #2287
    Yesterday was out of this world. Got there w/ 6" or so of nice fresh snow. Even coverage, no wind. It started snowing again around 9:30 and dumped until 12 or 1 before the sun broke through and turned into bluebird.

    There was no wind until later in the afternoon, it truly was like skiing in a snow globe.



    Even the lower glades were in great shape.

  8. #2288
    Thanks all.

    I went up to Cannon on Wed Jan 30 - my first time,
    I got there had about 8" of new snow, runs off peabody quad not groomed / was still snowing in the am, then the sun came out.
    No lift lines, I doubt it's normally like that?
    There was hardly anyone there and I was able to park right next to the buildings, arrived around 11:30.

    I didn't get a chance to explore the mountain enough as I am so out of shape, got winded/tired easily.
    I was able to try all my new gear and after 6 years away from snowboarding I was very happy

    It took me 1:15 from Manchester and I plan to go back next week - it's supposed to snow Tue/Wed..

    When does the season normally/usually end there?
    Without fresh, are there a lot of steep groomers or is there a better mountain for that?
    I have the trail map and website but since I didn't see the whole mountain it's hard to tell.

    I hope to check out Killington and Sunday River but I am hesitant to go on weekends..

    Sorry for all the questions, Thanks again!

  9. #2289
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiSnowboarderInNH View Post
    Thanks all.

    I went up to Cannon on Wed Jan 30 - my first time,
    I got there had about 8" of new snow, runs off peabody quad not groomed / was still snowing in the am, then the sun came out.
    No lift lines, I doubt it's normally like that?
    There was hardly anyone there and I was able to park right next to the buildings, arrived around 11:30.

    I didn't get a chance to explore the mountain enough as I am so out of shape, got winded/tired easily.
    I was able to try all my new gear and after 6 years away from snowboarding I was very happy

    It took me 1:15 from Manchester and I plan to go back next week - it's supposed to snow Tue/Wed..

    When does the season normally/usually end there?
    Without fresh, are there a lot of steep groomers or is there a better mountain for that?
    I have the trail map and website but since I didn't see the whole mountain it's hard to tell.

    I hope to check out Killington and Sunday River but I am hesitant to go on weekends..

    Sorry for all the questions, Thanks again!
    Pretty much any Eastern resort will be hectic boardering on unbearable on the weekends but we all ski anyways. The next two weekends will likely be the worst with the winter school vacations.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

  10. #2290
    Cannon and almost all New England mountains aren't going to have much in the way of lift lines on a non-holiday midweek day unless there is a major storm. Even then it's typically not as busy as an average Sunday.

    Cannon has a handful of good pitched groomers off the top with Cannonball/Profile being the steepest. Zoomer chair has the steepest terrain on the mountain. Barons over on Mittersill is probably the longest consistently pitched trail on the mountain.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.