Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 26

AlpineZone

Page 26 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    I didn't think you were exaggerating. You didn't say "you fall you die", you said "might send someone to their death". Death doesn't have to come from falling. I've seen plenty of people in Kinsman gasping like their heart was about to explode. Also, I've seen many husbands and boyfriends nearly murdered in Kinsman for convincing partners that "You'll love it!!".

Stop op talking about me. I right here!

And you left off Bobcat!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

I'll repost this pic from last year as an example. This was an unmarked trail last season. It was so tight that we couldn't find the line down and literally had to crawl up and out on our hands and knees. This year it's on the trail map with virtually no additional clearing.

That's Puck it. Can't tell if he's crawling on on he's knees or praying for a swift end to his misery....

That picture brings back nightmares. Last year I thought I found the entrance to Gunsight but it turned out to be some path that some snow-shoers had made. 45 minutes to an hour later after crawling back out in chest high snow I finally made it back to Vista Way.

Quote Originally Posted by fcksummer View Post
    That picture brings back nightmares. Last year I thought I found the entrance to Gunsight but it turned out to be some path that some snow-shoers had made. 45 minutes to an hour later after crawling back out in chest high snow I finally made it back to Vista Way.
    You can't get there from there.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    You can't get there from there.
    Haha, that's what I get for listening to some idiot on the lift. I'll wait for someone to actually show me before I try something like that again.

Are we not counting those Mittersill down towards cannon glades. Go stuck and had to track out last week

Quote Originally Posted by petergriffen View Post
    Are we not counting those Mittersill down towards cannon glades. Go stuck and had to track out last week
    . Those are not on the map though except for Wicked Haaaard. Which the pic is from.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    . Those are not on the map though except for Wicked Haaaard. Which the pic is from.
    Sometimes chasing powder over there next thing you know tight trees and trekking out.

What do you think is tougher, Kinsman or Tramline?

Cannon Lover's Thread

I skied Kinsman once and it was a lot of work for me. A couple pics from a TR I posted years ago:

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1424106664.406735.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1424106689.435682.jpg

Edit: actually, I'm posting a TR from there I did in 2009. I used to be so much better with TRs and skiing alone but I've become quite the pansy in recent years.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=50289
    Last edited by Edd; Feb 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

II've seen plenty of people in Kinsman gasping like their heart was about to explode.
    That could've been me! How's the cover in the Kinsman or any glade at Cannon these days?
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Thread Information