Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 206

AlpineZone

Page 206 of 233 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2325
    Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    Did Cannon get snow or rain today? Attitash snowed all day 17 runs sweet riding with low visibility at times! Worth the drive! Just got home! Curious about Cannon for Wednesday!
    Franconia had almost no precipitation of any kind all day yesterday. Overnight was a mix of snow/slop, but better than I expected (I'm at 1,400 feet so may be better at higher elevation). This morning is downright nasty.
    All skiing is good. Some skiing isn't as good. But all skiing is good.

@mtncobber on the instafeeds.

I have hiked Cannon and the surrounding mountains all my life but I have only skied it once. My dad always said that if you could ski Cannon you could ski anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsfp View Post
    I have hiked Cannon and the surrounding mountains all my life but I have only skied it once. My dad always said that if you could ski Cannon you could ski anywhere.
    I always thought this was true until a hard pack day in Sugarloaf snowfields.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by burnsfp View Post
    It made me a better snowboarder for sure! Cannon can be absolutely brutal, but it's also the best/most fun around when conditions are good. I'm hearing that it's getting crowded lately, which is a bummer because the biggest factor for me is the smaller lines.

anyone ski cannon today? likely heading up tomorrow morning, wanted to see if they roped anything off after it firmed up the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by freeski View Post
    I always thought this was true until a hard pack day in Sugarloaf snowfields.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by colinuberalles View Post
    It made me a better snowboarder for sure! Cannon can be absolutely brutal, but it's also the best/most fun around when conditions are good. I'm hearing that it's getting crowded lately, which is a bummer because the biggest factor for me is the smaller lines.
    I found holidays can be tough, then again it can be tough anywhere. Race days can be tough as well, however, that may change if races are held on the Mittersill side (not that anyone wants that either). Having skied there regularly for two seasons (does not make me an expert but....), those are the times where lines are an issue. other than that generally pretty good. The summit chair (Cannonball, should be Profile now right?) can be busy a lot.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

This is probably the most crowded I've ever seen it at Cannon. The entire student body of PSU was there (one was an intern at the time where I work). Anyway - as crowded as it seemed there were no lift lines to speak of - maybe waited for two or three chairs at any given time. The tram was running I think but I never had to wait.

PSU day out by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Race teams are there!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Yay Cannon! It is great for a quick but hard hike in the summer too

Thread Information