Cannon Mountain, last to open and first to close.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cannon Mountain, last to open and first to close.

My yearly complaint about Cannon Mountain. Last to open and first to close. They could be the KING of early and late season skiing on Profile if they wanted to. They could stay open until July if they made 1/2 as much snow on Profile as Killington does on Superstar. For access, they run the tram almost all year long anyway, so that wouldn't be much of a cost factor.

Haha - are you trolling for a debate on whether Cannon should be state owned and/or operated, or what?

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

I'm fine with the way Cannon is owned and operated, except they open late and close early. Only four more years and I will be able to ski there for free on weekdays, what more could anyone want?

Because to be blunt, I think the only way they open early and close late is if they go Epic.

I don't think going Epic would lengthen Cannons ski season. It certainly didn't for Stowe, Okemo or Sunapee

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Haha - are you trolling for a debate on whether Cannon should be state owned and/or operated, or what?

Exactly.

I have the same beef with Sugarbush and no longer doing early and late season skiing at Mount Ellen, but it is what it is.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Skiing a wide-open trail in the northeast in July? Vail purchase leading to a LONGER ski season???

How much for half kilo of what you're smoking?
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

- Epic passholders have had mid October to June skiing available via A Basin. Now that A Basin has no capacity for all the Epic passholders, Vail is apparently going do early/late season at Keystone. They understand the importance of a long season, but aren't stupid enough to run all their resorts long.
    - Alterra partner mountains are already running long seasons at Killington and SR/SL. No need to do it at Cannon.
    -Cannon could serve as an excuse for Vail to wait longer to open the other eastern resorts (and close earlier, too). It is closer to Boston than all but Sunapee, which clearly isn't set up as well for a long season.
    -I never said anything about July.

Can you elaborate why you felt it my comment was akin to impaired ramblings?

Vail in Colorado will be using Keystone for early season and Breckenridge for late season, Keystone will not be taking open late.

As for Cannon, it was interesting I did an Eastern Survey yesterday that was out out by Alterra (I assume because I got entered to win a free Ikon Base pass for next year by doing it). The survey wanted thoughts/reaction to many different New England resorts. All the Ikon owned/partners were on it, as well as all the Epics. In addition, it had Jay, Cannon and Bretton Woods on it, all currently unaligned with the big mega passes. Hmmmm.......

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    In addition, it had Jay, Cannon and Bretton Woods on it, all currently unaligned with the big mega passes. Hmmmm.......
    I took that survey as well and found that interesting.

Thread Information