• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Smellytele

The thaw/freeze cycle was no friend of Cannon yesterday. Top of the mtn was okay until 11 then became like the rest of the mtn a scraped off mess. Not a seat to be found in the lodge/pub. No lines at all except in cafe and trying to get into the pub. Skied until 2:30 then went to the Woodstock brewery.

dlague

The thaw/freeze cycle was no friend of Cannon yesterday. Top of the mtn was okay until 11 then became like the rest of the mtn a scraped off mess. Not a seat to be found in the lodge/pub. No lines at all except in cafe and trying to get into the pub. Skied until 2:30 then went to the Woodstock brewery.
Well I guess that is about to change today!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

I bagged today. Wind hold for Tram and Cannonball. Add Mittersil and eagle cliff

Last edited:

Angus

Some help please, tomorrow, Friday, planning on heading to Cannon. NWS forecast at elevation... [FONT=&quot]Very windy, with a west wind 35 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.[/FONT] Does this portend windholds?? Don't much care about Tram but planning on skiing Profile lift primarily.

Tin

Some help please, tomorrow, Friday, planning on heading to Cannon. NWS forecast at elevation... Very windy, with a west wind 35 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Does this portend windholds?? Don't much care about Tram but planning on skiing Profile lift primarily.

If it isnt running today, I would put $20 down it doesn't tomorrow.

Jully

If it isnt running today, I would put $20 down it doesn't tomorrow.

Well maybe. I don't know much about the Cannonball wind exposure, but the winds are switching directions when the storm exits. West winds tomorrow but southeast winds today. Not sure if that wind direction matters much for the lift though...

dlague

Cannonball lift will more than likely not be operating. West winds would be across the face of Cannon. By more than likely Zoomer, Peabody, Eagle Cliff and Tuckerbook lifts will run. Even those at Mittersill if open yet. There will be plenty to ski and the trees will probably offer the best skiing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

wtcobb

8am update - Patrol just dropped ropes on Upper & Middle Hardscrabble, and Global Warming, Go Green Glade and Kinsman Glades. More to come.

This is a good sign the mountain picked up more than surrounding areas. Only about 5" at my house, snow report states 12-14".

witch hobble

Holy frijoles. I hope they made some coin today. But I also hope a lot of these peeps never come back.

JDMRoma

Holy frijoles. I hope they made some coin today. But I also hope a lot of these peeps never come back.

+1 !

Insane today. All ticket window peeps. Tramhouse must have had 100 people in line at 8am to buy tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone