Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 162

AlpineZone

Page 162 of 233 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2325
    Quote Originally Posted by fcksummer View Post
    Any improvements scheduled this summer that will benefit non racers?
    I think they are handing these out to block out the whining cry babies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SIKSKIER

I agree, enough. The improvements will benefit all, just like the snowmaking on Cannon side. We have been down this road before.

You know the racers could use a porta potty over at the mittersill lift !!

Just sayn. I feel bad for them having to stop training to head back to pee

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I think they may put up some type of structure

This is Cannon's Skinning route/policy:
    "The prescribed skinning route shall be (from the bottom up):
    Lower Ravine to…Middle Ravine to…Upper Ravine to…The first (lowest) entry onto Taft Slalom…Taft Slalom to the summit of Cannon Mountain and shall be marked as such on the “Downhill Skier’s Left” side of the trails in question, utilizing a small sign mounted on bamboo and/or PVC and set well out of the travel area on the trails in question. Skinners shall travel on the “Downhill Skier’s Left” (Skinner’s right) during the entire uphill trek."

Does anyone know what the policy is when/if any of the trails on that route happen to be closed for downhill traffic? Would you still use that route uphill? Would an alternate uphill route come into play? Would skinning be shut down altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    I think they are handing these out to block out the whining cry babies.
    Who's crying? I was just curious if anything was being done besides the snowmaking and t-bar on the training trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    This is Cannon's Skinning route/policy:
    "The prescribed skinning route shall be (from the bottom up):
    Lower Ravine to…Middle Ravine to…Upper Ravine to…The first (lowest) entry onto Taft Slalom…Taft Slalom to the summit of Cannon Mountain and shall be marked as such on the “Downhill Skier’s Left” side of the trails in question, utilizing a small sign mounted on bamboo and/or PVC and set well out of the travel area on the trails in question. Skinners shall travel on the “Downhill Skier’s Left” (Skinner’s right) during the entire uphill trek."

Does anyone know what the policy is when/if any of the trails on that route happen to be closed for downhill traffic? Would you still use that route uphill? Would an alternate uphill route come into play? Would skinning be shut down altogether?
    Most of that route is wide and low angle and doesn't get as much downhill traffic as say Middle and Lower Cannon. Not ever having tried it I would take shot at it.
    That being said, I didn't skin even once this past season. Even when my goal was to skin every time out. So sad.

What would be an alternative route? Booting up Kinsman?
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

re skinning route: Don't get mad at me anyone, but, I think the Cannon skinning route is HORRIBLE!!!! As much as i wanted to skin up it this past year, I just couldn't face the prospect of how there are so many blind turns - and it was pretty icy. It is low angle for easy skinning if there were *no* downhill traffic. It seems like there are better uphill routes they could authorize. I mean, that guy died on that trail this spring!!!!! People come FLYING down that skinning route!!!!! At any rate, Cannon did not seem to open the uphill route for skinning this winter until it was open for downhill travel.

re: portapotties at Mittersill - they were there this season (at least when I was there at the end of the season) in the Mittersill parking area. BUT one had been heavily smeared with #2 inside - REALLY scary!!!! EEEEEK but the other one was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by becca m View Post
    re skinning route: Don't get mad at me anyone, but, I think the Cannon skinning route is HORRIBLE!!!! As much as i wanted to skin up it this past year, I just couldn't face the prospect of how there are so many blind turns - and it was pretty icy. It is low angle for easy skinning if there were *no* downhill traffic. It seems like there are better uphill routes they could authorize. I mean, that guy died on that trail this spring!!!!! People come FLYING down that skinning route!!!!! At any rate, Cannon did not seem to open the uphill route for skinning this winter until it was open for downhill travel.
    IS there a good uphill route on Cannon becomes the question. Anything on the Zoomer side would be too steep for me. Gremlin might be a good choice for uphill but where do you go from there?
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by Abubob View Post
    IS there a good uphill route on Cannon becomes the question. Anything on the Zoomer side would be too steep for me. Gremlin might be a good choice for uphill but where do you go from there?
    I would think Gremlin-ish, to Middle and Upper Cannon would have better clearance/vis (or to up Tramway) would work but I'm not sure about the junctions. Of course, a route up Mittersill would be great (like in the old days )

Gary's/Rocket would (actually are, when the area's closed) be easy skinning but the best snow is usually skier's left, where they're flattest, IMO!!! And the yahoos (like me) come down that side when the snow is good

Thread Information