Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 166

AlpineZone

Page 166 of 233 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2325
  1. #1651
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,195
    Maybe next season will be normal and it will snow.

    Then nobody will care about any of this.

  2. #1652
    Cannonball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This user has been deleted
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    He would be stupid to turn his back on the offer, but acceptance comes with certain compromises.
    Wait, which is it? Did JD 'accept with compromises' as you say above? Or did he not, as you said just prior to that?

    Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    As for JD, I have heard he has projected a ambivalent attitude to FSC when they have spoken to him. I have heard that when people have suggested to him FSC might deserve a little special attention, as they gave Cannon 3 million dollars of equipment; he has basically said big deal we would have done it anyhow.
    And is it $4mil or $3M?

  3. #1653
    SIKSKIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bedford and Franconia NH
    Posts
    3,661
    I really dont understand what the angst is in putting other peoples money into Mittersill.The place was open very little without the snowmaking and would not have even opened this year without it.As a 40+ year season pass holder at Cannon I have no problem with this.I spent many days in the off season cutting back the overgrown trails to be able to still ski them so I sure liked it from the "side country" angle before the transfer to the state took place.I guess your damned if you do and damned if you don't in respect to a NELSAP area.This is a good thing from my eyes.
    SIKSKIER

  4. #1654
    The compromise is giving the guarantee of training time. With that said he is still a bit ambivalent about the cash from FSC.
    The initial amount was 3 million. That has risen to 4 million. All but about $100,000.00 has been raised. There will be 80+ high efficiency snow guns installed on the new slope and the ski lift is already on order and expected to arrive by the end of the month. For what's its worth, I agree the new slope is ugly as sin.

  5. #1655
    When and to whom has his reaction been ambivalent? What are people expecting him to do?

  6. #1656
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    When and to whom has his reaction been ambivalent? What are people expecting him to do?
    Buy Waterville Valley with the Mittersill money....of course

  7. #1657
    Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    The compromise is giving the guarantee of training time. With that said he is still a bit ambivalent about the cash from FSC.
    The initial amount was 3 million. That has risen to 4 million. All but about $100,000.00 has been raised. There will be 80+ high efficiency snow guns installed on the new slope and the ski lift is already on order and expected to arrive by the end of the month. For what's its worth, I agree the new slope is ugly as sin.
    If training time is the only compromise then I could really care less because I don't have much desire to use that trail. However if the new snowmaking takes away from them blowing Cannon proper then it'd be pretty disappointing. It was one thing to blow Baron's as opposed to something like Skylight because at least Baron's was open to the public. Hopefully mother nature makes this a non-issue!

  8. #1658
    SIKSKIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bedford and Franconia NH
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by fcksummer View Post
    If training time is the only compromise then I could really care less because I don't have much desire to use that trail. However if the new snowmaking takes away from them blowing Cannon proper then it'd be pretty disappointing. It was one thing to blow Baron's as opposed to something like Skylight because at least Baron's was open to the public. Hopefully mother nature makes this a non-issue!
    I kind of agree with you on taking away snowmaking on Cannon with respect to the Taft slope.As far as Skyline and Barons,I found it a great addition to what was there before.Skylite is certainly one of my favorites and was disapointed to not see sm there this year but it had more to do with the amount of resurfacing they had to keep doing on all the main routes on Cannon with the almost 2 months of weekly rainstorms.
    SIKSKIER

  9. #1659
    Cannonball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This user has been deleted
    Posts
    3,670
    At 9:15 Wednesday night the NH House overwhelmingly voted to reinstate free skiing for our seniors at Cannon. The House Ways and Means Committee determined there would be NO increased revenue by taking away this privilege that's been on the books since 1973.


  10. #1660
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    At 9:15 Wednesday night the NH House overwhelmingly voted to reinstate free skiing for our seniors at Cannon. The House Ways and Means Committee determined there would be NO increased revenue by taking away this privilege that's been on the books since 1973.
    I am not there yet!!!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

    SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:33 AM.