• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Smellytele

Mittersill will be "open" tomorrow. No lift so hike the saddle and they will have a shuttle running. Should be pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Bumpsis

Mittersill will be "open" tomorrow. No lift so hike the saddle and they will have a shuttle running. Should be pretty sweet
Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I'm really looking forward to this. My season opener. Didn't get to go today. I may skip Mittersill - loose snow over no base sounds like a recipe for a core shot. By the time I get there, it may be skied off anyway. Still, I am so psyched!!

prsboogie

It was like two different worlds out there yesterday. It pretty much snowed all day lower mountain, and after mid day it was bluebird at mid/upper mountain. Conditions were crazy good too, when you could see IMG_20181201_113624.jpgIMG_20181201_113642.jpgIMG_20181201_114012.jpgMVIMG_20181201_134617.jpgIMG_20181201_134622.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app

granite

Incredible day at Cannon of snow, undercast clouds, mist and sun. The view from above the clouds was spectacular, especially the rainbow around sun. Vista way as good as I have ever seen it. Upper Hardscrabble as good as I have ever seen it. Run of the day-Taft Slalom to Upper Hardscrabble to Wicked Haahhd to MH Cut Thru to Red Ball.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 141
  • rainbow around the sun.jpg
    rainbow around the sun.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 137
  • SAM_0126.jpg
    SAM_0126.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 139
  • SAM_0134.jpg
    SAM_0134.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 141

Janimal444

Yesterday definitely did not disappoint. Stayed on the front 5 all morning then headed up to the summit after lunch once it cleared up. Here is a picture from yesterday of Taft Slalom which shows how the summit was above the clouds.IMG_1147.jpg

Bumpsis

I'm so glad you posted these pictures. I never ski with my phone (or camera) and this past Saturday was one time I really wished I did. The light show above the Peabody lift was just amazing. It was right down psychedelic.
I stayed mostly on the top since the light was so much better up on top, although the slopes off Zoomer were in great shape. It was an amazing day.

SIKSKIER

Was so good for Nov/Dec.That crazy sundog was something I've never seen before.Unfortunately we had a fairly bad melt Sunday with quite a bit of rain and a boom of thunder.The upside is that it refroze the natural trails at the summit and the groomers were able to get to them which will certainly help create a solid base going forward.

Bumpsis

Any guesses as to how the trails will be tomorrow (Friday)? I have a day off and thinking about going, but given the rain and hard freeze, I'm afraid I'll be skiing on luge runs. How good of a job can groomers do with frozen snow? Should I go?

I don't mind a bit of ice here and there , but being being to consistently dig edges in for a decent carve is key. I never mastered the racing turn - have no idea how they can edge on ice.