• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Cannonball

Skied from 1:30 til the close today. Beautiful. Warm. Crowded for a weekday in April. Some coverage is being eaten away, but still remarkable, particularly zoomer side. Slow and sloppy down low towards the end of the day.

Gremlin closed. Looks like some sort of banked slalom being set up for Bodefest.

Anybody skiing Kinsman and Tramline? They still have them listed as open. But I think it's a bit cruel that they don't mention the lengthy walk back to the lifts without the tram running.

granite

Anybody skiing Kinsman and Tramline? They still have them listed as open. But I think it's a bit cruel that they don't mention the lengthy walk back to the lifts without the tram running.

kInsman was open, Tramline was roped off.

4aprice

Last week is was reading about how Cannon would be overrun Sat for Body Fest. Did anyone actually skip Cannon today because of that? Cause I was there today and it was off the wall good and not a lift line to be seen. Full on winter from Boise Rock up to Peabody and up the mountain. Vista, Tramway, U Cannon all great with patch's of fresh. Zoomer lift trails from Avalanche to Zoomer big soft bumps but the best we found was a hardly skied Banchee Slope with 2-3 fresh on top. My son and I cut that up good with 3 consecutive runs from 11:30 to 12:00. Will issue a TR with pictures in the future (got to get my Utah trip up too).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

yeggous

Last week is was reading about how Cannon would be overrun Sat for Body Fest. Did anyone actually skip Cannon today because of that? Cause I was there today and it was off the wall good and not a lift line to be seen. Full on winter from Boise Rock up to Peabody and up the mountain. Vista, Tramway, U Cannon all great with patch's of fresh. Zoomer lift trails from Avalanche to Zoomer big soft bumps but the best we found was a hardly skied Banchee Slope with 2-3 fresh on top. My son and I cut that up good with 3 consecutive runs from 11:30 to 12:00. Will issue a TR with pictures in the future (got to get my Utah trip up too).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Yes, I skipped Cannon for this reason. I went to Jay instead. It was 3-6" freshies up top and dust on glacier down low. The glades were the place to be. Team was on wind hold by 12:30. The secondary slush from yesterday started edgeable, but was rock solid by noon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Cannonball

Ridiculous unexpected powder day today. Snowed all day yesterday which they groomed into the base over night. Then picked up 6"+ from 5-8am this morning. Blower blanket over perfectly groomed. Amazing!

xwhaler

Awesome! Yeaterday was pretty awesome save for the wind and I'm sure today was even better.
Starting to learn that the "notch effect" is a very real thing, not just a marketing ploy....for good and bad!

Cannonball

Awesome! Yeaterday was pretty awesome save for the wind and I'm sure today was even better.
Starting to learn that the "notch effect" is a very real thing, not just a marketing ploy....for good and bad!

And was it ever in effect yesterday! What a crazy weather day it was. Great skiing with you guys.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ridiculous unexpected powder day today. Snowed all day yesterday which they groomed into the base over night. Then picked up 6"+ from 5-8am this morning. Blower blanket over perfectly groomed. Amazing!

I should have stayed. I was just up there and it looked really good. I had dropped my helmet last time I was there and swung by to grab it at lost and found. Looks like 2-3" here at base of South Peak. Oh well. Terrain I haven't skied before soon sure it will be fun anyway.

Cannonball

I should have stayed. I was just up there and it looked really good. I had dropped my helmet last time I was there and swung by to grab it at lost and found. Looks like 2-3" here at base of South Peak. Oh well. Terrain I haven't skied before soon sure it will be fun anyway.

I had to leave Cannon around 10:30 to do some work. Back in Lincoln now. South Peak is looking nice!

Farleyman

All I have to say about today is HOLY CRAP THAT WAS INSANE. pow day out of no where. No crowds. Fresh turns I'll 1:30 when i was forced to leave by my GirlfriendImageUploadedByAlpineZone1428269673.369940.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Farleyman

Yesterday skied great too for the most part, tuckerbrook was in unreal shape, i bet it's amazing right now. Left around 1 because it was getting a little skied off and took a skin hike with the dog. Sweet view of cannon from the top of mt Agassiz ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1428270077.170014.jpg

wakenbacon

Ill be there tomorrow. Will be looking for someone to split the 2 for $74 tickets.

MEtoVTSkier

Yesterday skied great too for the most part, tuckerbrook was in unreal shape, i bet it's amazing right now. Left around 1 because it was getting a little skied off and took a skin hike with the dog. Sweet view of cannon from the top of mt Agassiz View attachment 16454

Awesome pic! Makes me wish I got in the back-country more with my Goldie. We do some on snowshoes, but usually less than 1hr loops.