• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

SIKSKIER

Nasty Sunday visibility.Love the snowmaking effort but boy there were areas of the mt that had zero visibilty.I had to stop many times because I had no clue where I was.This pic was when it actaully cleared quite a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20170108_113640255_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20170108_113640255_HDR[1].jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 108

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Nasty Sunday visibility.Love the snowmaking effort but boy there were areas of the mt that had zero visibilty.I had to stop many times because I had no clue where I was.This pic was when it actaully cleared quite a bit.
I have been there on a clear day but downwind of snowmaking on the next trail over was a whiteout.

SLoMo

If you're not here today, you're missing out!! 42 degrees, not a cloud, 5-8 inches last night and it's like Spring skiing in January!!

mlkrgr

Man, what a difference a day makes! It felt like it was 0 degrees once you get above midway up the mountain and a lot of the mountain was icy.

witch hobble

If you're not here today, you're missing out!! 42 degrees, not a cloud, 5-8 inches last night and it's like Spring skiing in January!!
You're overselling it. It was a great day, I'd call it 3-4" dense wind buffed cream cheese at the top and 1" of thawing out refrozen slurpee at the bottom. Skied some woods that I hadn't been into in a couple years. Should help the woods and the groomers.

SLoMo

We were def in different places then: I'm a picky girly skier who hates being cold and anything remotely refreeze, and I had a STELLAR day! Finally quit when the lifts shut down. Long sleeve shirt and a buff kept me comfortable all day. No complaints here!

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
The whales around the mountain were huge when I was there yesterday.

I thought yesterday was excellent, the woods were all in great shape. The wind delays actually helped out, by the time the front 5 got skied off they opened the rest of the mountain and everything was untouched again. Shame about the weather today, it's going to set them back a bit.

dlague

The whales around the mountain were huge when I was there yesterday.

I thought yesterday was excellent, the woods were all in great shape. The wind delays actually helped out, by the time the front 5 got skied off they opened the rest of the mountain and everything was untouched again. Shame about the weather today, it's going to set them back a bit.

As long as they keep the whales they will be fine! Good strategy too!

wtcobb

Pirates of the High Skis! returns to Cannon on Saturday, February 4:

[FONT=&quot]Arrgh! It’s Pirates of the High Skis! at ye great, grand Cannon Mountain! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Come dressed as a pirate or a wench and join us for an adventurous day of skiing and hunting for treasures. The day will include: discounted lunch voucher, treasure maps, swag bags, tattoo parlour, contests, portrait gallery, raffles and other fun and festive activities! Pre-register at[/FONT]adaptivesportspartners.org/news-events/phs/[FONT=&quot], on the deck at Peabody (weekends) or at the Adaptive meeting area in the lower level of the Peabody Lodge and get a free Luck ‘O Brotherhood raffle ticket (value $10!).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And the earlier you register – the more chances you have to win treasures! Treasure coins are used to enter to win one of three Treasures an[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d the only way to get a treasure coin is to complete the treasure tasks or by registering early (an extra coin is given for each day registered prior to the event). So, hurry and register now!

Not a Cannon Season Pass holder? Not a problem! We’ve got a special ticket rate for you. Just register before February 1st and on your registration you will have the option to buy discounted tickets: Adult (18-64): $48, Teen (13-17): $41, Junior (6-12): $37, Senior (65+): $37, Tuckerbrook Area Only Ticket: $38 (lift ticket prices do not include PHS event registration fee). Registration is just $25 for 17 and under, $35 for 18 and over and $120 for a team of four.

Please contact the ASPNC office for additional information and registration.#PHS2017[/FONT]

Smellytele

Pirates of the High Skis! returns to Cannon on Saturday, February 4:

Arrgh! It’s Pirates of the High Skis! at ye great, grand Cannon Mountain!

Come dressed as a pirate or a wench and join us for an adventurous day of skiing and hunting for treasures. The day will include: discounted lunch voucher, treasure maps, swag bags, tattoo parlour, contests, portrait gallery, raffles and other fun and festive activities! Pre-register atadaptivesportspartners.org/news-events/phs/, on the deck at Peabody (weekends) or at the Adaptive meeting area in the lower level of the Peabody Lodge and get a free Luck ‘O Brotherhood raffle ticket (value $10!).

And the earlier you register – the more chances you have to win treasures! Treasure coins are used to enter to win one of three Treasures and the only way to get a treasure coin is to complete the treasure tasks or by registering early (an extra coin is given for each day registered prior to the event). So, hurry and register now!

Not a Cannon Season Pass holder? Not a problem! We’ve got a special ticket rate for you. Just register before February 1st and on your registration you will have the option to buy discounted tickets: Adult (18-64): $48, Teen (13-17): $41, Junior (6-12): $37, Senior (65+): $37, Tuckerbrook Area Only Ticket: $38 (lift ticket prices do not include PHS event registration fee). Registration is just $25 for 17 and under, $35 for 18 and over and $120 for a team of four.

Please contact the ASPNC office for additional information and registration.#PHS2017

Right so:

• $25.00 - Pirates or Wenches (17 & Under)
  • $35.00 - Pirates or Wenches (18+)
  • $120.00 - Team of 4 (Main Contact Person)
  • Free - Rest of the Team of 4
  • $83.00 - Pirate/Wench Registration (18+) including Adult (18-64) Lift Tickets
  • $66.00 - Pirates or Wenches (17 & Under) including Teen (13 - 17) Lift Tickets
  • $62.00 - Pirates or Wenches (6-12) including Junior (6 - 12) Lift Ticket
  • $76.00 - Pirates/Wenches Senior (65+) including Lift Tickets

SIKSKIER

Pretty firm is exactly right.We did have some soft snow last weekend with the warm weather but a few mornings were really hard up top.It all froze up for Monday also.They need some natural love for sure.