• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
In 1999 my wife was in a car accident, minding her own buisness stopped at a light. Someone blew a school zone and rearended the car behind her and pushed her car into a truck . She initially thought she was Ok but her neck just did'nt get better. A full year later she found out she had 4 bulging discs.Three months in the Auto insurance did a "peer review" stating a soft tissue injury and stopped paying for coverage.To make a long story short we ended up in court and the judge threw out all of her medical expenses stating she had gone to a chiropractor,( Low back) despite the fact she had an MRI years earlier for other reasons and showed no injury!
My lawyer gave up after the chiropractic records were introduced, I examined the records and showed a obvious trend of healing .In the end we won a pain and suffering amout 14K our legal expenses were 21K ,,,our so called kind lawyer was kind enough not to make us pay the balance, I later found out he represents insurance co's.!!@@#$%^&
This story taught me an important lesson about the legal system.It exists to feed itself, the only one who made out were those connected to the system.

I have a small buisness and did work for a contractor who I after signed a contract found out had a shady reputation. On a school renovation project the first check was there and then things dried up.
I decided to go other than legal system, I tormented his friends and family , I made sure everyone connected to the school knew he owed me money. Everyone in his circle knew he owed me money. I was the only contractor to get paid! Electrician 18,K Painter 20K
Mason 30k . They went the legal route and won judgements against a bankrupt Co.!

I'm not advocating violence, just an all out PR Campaign against Cannon. I'm not doing NH this year as a start
Every skier I meet down here will know your situation!
Just my 2cents hope it helps. Good luck!

Puck it

In 1999 my wife was in a car accident, minding her own buisness stopped at a light. Someone blew a school zone and rearended the car behind her and pushed her car into a truck . She initially thought she was Ok but her neck just did'nt get better. A full year later she found out she had 4 bulging discs.Three months in the Auto insurance did a "peer review" stating a soft tissue injury and stopped paying for coverage.To make a long story short we ended up in court and the judge threw out all of her medical expenses stating she had gone to a chiropractor,( Low back) despite the fact she had an MRI years earlier for other reasons and showed no injury!
My lawyer gave up after the chiropractic records were introduced, I examined the records and showed a obvious trend of healing .In the end we won a pain and suffering amout 14K our legal expenses were 21K ,,,our so called kind lawyer was kind enough not to make us pay the balance, I later found out he represents insurance co's.!!@@#$%^&
This story taught me an important lesson about the legal system.It exists to feed itself, the only one who made out were those connected to the system.

I have a small buisness and did work for a contractor who I after signed a contract found out had a shady reputation. On a school renovation project the first check was there and then things dried up.
I decided to go other than legal system, I tormented his friends and family , I made sure everyone connected to the school knew he owed me money. Everyone in his circle knew he owed me money. I was the only contractor to get paid! Electrician 18,K Painter 20K
Mason 30k . They went the legal route and won judgements against a bankrupt Co.!

I'm not advocating violence, just an all out PR Campaign against Cannon. I'm not doing NH this year as a start
Every skier I meet down here will know your situation!
Just my 2cents hope it helps. Good luck!

Can I just say we have only heard one side of the story. We can not go bashing Cannon based on one side info. Even in court, the other side is heard. We need to know why Cannon is not responding to her needs and why if there is a reason. It may be just be tied up in worker's comp.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Can I just say we have only heard one side of the story. We can not go bashing Cannon based on one side info. Even in court, the other side is heard. We need to know why Cannon is not responding to her needs and why if there is a reason. It may be just be tied up in worker's comp.

I love the place but wont even consider going there till they resolve this in her favor. "Lawyers are involved" Pecludes human decency not even a how are You? Somehow in there mind it might give an impression of guilt?
A dumb Ass could'nt see the snowgun aimed at the lift so somehow it could be her fault?
I'm sorry this just pisses me off . I love Cannon but have to wonder about Saftey of othe parts of there facility.

I think I would totally bypass dealing with Cannon altogether and contact the State of NH. I would focus my energies on who Cannon falls under with the state of NH and possibly go the political route and get NH state senate / state reps involved.

MadMadWorld

Blame the snowmakers? Are they not employed by the mountain? It's REALLY hard to sue someone for negligence if they don't possess some type of professional accreditation like doctors, lawyers, etc. When there is a case of medical malpractice, lawyers almost always go after the hospital.

rocks860

Blame the snowmakers? Are they not employed by the mountain? It's REALLY hard to sue someone for negligence if they don't possess some type of professional accreditation like doctors, lawyers, etc. When there is a case of medical malpractice, lawyers almost always go after the hospital.

That's not true all you need to sue someone for negligence is duty, breach and causation. People get sued for negligence all the time. What makes it tough here is if the mountain is an extension of the state

I'm not too savvy with the law but I'm thinking that suing the snowmakers isn't going to be too fruitful. They are employees of Cannon Mountain, not a subcontractor. Also, I'm thinking the coffers of a snowmaker isn't too stocked to pay for a lawsuit. I think Cannon/State of NH is the route to go.

MadMadWorld

That's not true all you need to sue someone for negligence is duty, breach and causation. People get sued for negligence all the time. What makes it tough here is if the mountain is an extension of the state

Your going to have a really hard time meeting those 3 components when the snowmaker is a seasonal employee that makes shit pay and sees it as nothing more than a way to pay the bills

rocks860

Your going to have a really hard time meeting those 3 components when the snowmaker is a seasonal employee that makes shit pay and sees it as nothing more than a way to pay the bills

Oh I agree, suing a snowmaker would be pointless

This looks like Cannon's insurance policy through early 2015, so valid when you were injured. I'm not too sure on the laws governing part time workers, but believe me Cannon is insured.

http://www.admin.state.nh.us/purchasing/Notices of Contract/G&C 27-2.pdf

Do you know what the "Slow Roll" is. It is when someone keeps ignoring you…says they are going to do something but it never gets done….until finally you just don't care anymore and give up. Believe me, Cannon is giving you the quintessential "slow roll" on this one!

DoublePlanker

Wow! That's such a scary incident. So sorry Stephanie that you suffered (and still suffer) that injury. I hope you have a good attorney.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
I
Blog is back up.
Certain ski outlets told me I should be cautious about what I say and to whom regarding the Cannon GM, as he apparently has a reputation of hostility and deceit following him, and said they didn’t want to hurt their own dealings with Cannon.

Multiple Cannon employees have come forward stating that they were initially told not to speak to me following the accident.
The intimidation of people providing Cannon dissent is real and is much worse than many reading this can imagine. Over the years, people and/or their businesses have been threatened because they dared say something about Cannon.

Some of these folks were former employees, some local business owners, and yet others had no stake or involvement in the matter but made the mistake of saying something that made management look bad. If they're lucky, they only receive threatening e-mails and phone calls. Others have had to defend themselves and/or their businesses from legal charges or coordinated boycotts. I will likely face a new wave of attacks (I'm not talking about on AlpineZone) for posting this, but I feel bad about what's happened to you and the difficult situation you're facing. Nonetheless, I can understand why you haven't posted your contact information on your blog. Please check your AlpineZone Private Messages.

Puck it

The intimidation of people providing Cannon dissent is real and is much worse than many reading this can imagine. Over the years, people and/or their businesses have been threatened because they dared say something about Cannon.

Some of these folks were former employees, some local business owners, and yet others had no stake or involvement in the matter but made the mistake of saying something that made management look bad. If they're lucky, they only receive threatening e-mails and phone calls. Others have had to defend themselves and/or their businesses from legal charges or coordinated boycotts. I will likely face a new wave of attacks (I'm not talking about on AlpineZone) for posting this, but I feel bad about what's happened to you and the difficult situation you're facing. Nonetheless, I can understand why you haven't posted your contact information on your blog. Please check your AlpineZone Private Messages.

Don't use her plight to further your agenda.

MadMadWorld

Has anyone gone to media outlets with this? I would even send it over to STE or TGR since they have a wider audience. Things like this sometimes just need a spark.