• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

SIKSKIER

I've hit the towers many times in the old tram but that tram used to sway like crazy cuz it rode on 1 wire rope and this tram rides on 2.I know an old tram operator that was on the old tram when it derailed off of tower 2.That tram had a bunch of 100 lb weights just sitting on the floor to help a little for stabilizing on the empty ride down.He got the shit beaten out of him when those weights were thrashig around with only him as the tram was banging on the ground.A friend saw Ron B last week in the Franconia Village store last week.

57stevey

I notice in today's report Baron's is open with "man-made conditions, experts only"... this a new one on me, but I guess Bypass will be the same for tomorrow. Does this translate to "sheet of ice" in English?

oldtimer

My guess is that it has not been mowed and this translates to rollers wth steep walls and weird conditions between the moiunds, but can be TONS of fun.

After it is mowed the first time, the proper report would read "First time groomed- Beware death cookies, laps and other dangers"

Puck it

I notice in today's report Baron's is open with "man-made conditions, experts only"... this a new one on me, but I guess Bypass will be the same for tomorrow. Does this translate to "sheet of ice" in English?
Cannon snow making idea is to set up the gun and let in without moving. Creating blue whales of death.

dmw

Cannon lovers - do you foresee Saturday or Sunday the better day this weekend?

SIKSKIER

Depends what you want.Should be snowing(hopefully) most of Saturday.Sunday should be some smooth groomers but I'm afraid will bring crowded slopes because of lack of terrain on the mid and upper mt.

dmw

I didn't realize trail count was still so low. Was originally thinking Sunday, now considering Saturday and leave early to get home for the game.