• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Because what Cannon is ruining in my opinion was something unique.

I remember rivercoil being upset about the lift going in and predicting the demise of something special.

There's nothing unique or special about what they are creating at Mittersill.

I generally agree that seeing a mountain come off NELSAP, should be viewed positively. Mittersill is an exception to that.

dlague

Personally, I got to ski Mittersill for the first time last season and while I had a lot of fun skiing that area, my experience this year will probably not seem that different. There are two main areas effected - Barons and the middle section. There will still be a lot of goods over there. The greatest concern will be the potential for increased traffic.

It is very simple - if you don't like the changes then go ski Loon!

CannonPoster.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
It was a joke

A ski forum would be an awfully boring place if everyone constantly agreed with other members or the decisions of ski resort operators.

Cannonball

Personally, I got to ski Mittersill for the first time last season and while I had a lot of fun skiing that area, my experience this year will probably not seem that different. There are two main areas effected - Barons and the middle section. There will still be a lot of goods over there. The greatest concern will be the potential for increased traffic.

It is very simple - if you don't like the changes then go ski Loon!

I don't understand that. Isn't it simple to dislike the changes and still ski Cannon?

Brad J

If I Was a Cannon regular I would be more concerned with how all these changes are going to affect the rest of the operation during race events, I think there will be growing pains.

dlague

If I Was a Cannon regular I would be more concerned with how all these changes are going to affect the rest of the operation during race events, I think there will be growing pains.

Race events are a PITA at every mountain. Entire runs get closed off and some cases multiple runs. I think with racing on Barons that will free up Gary's and will be an improvement on that side but add a boat load of traffic on the chair over on Mittersill. My concern will be cutting back through Tuckerbrook. In any case I hope it can be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

I agree with this but there has never been any traffic on that chair up to this point. Will a crowd attract a crowd? Causing more traffic on the rest of Mittersil?

I am sure there will be skiers that are racing that will be tooling around that previously would have stayed around the front 5. As a result more skiers skiing Mittersill. That is my guess. Who knows?

Puck it

I still want to know how we get out of the Birches when there is a race on Baron's or will they shut them down. There are like three different entrances to the Birches.

Puck it

New Map is up.

map.jpg

Smellytele

I like how on the right side they show trails but then draw through them with 2 names - Idiot's and Candyland and never really name the trails (that really aren't there anyway)

Farleyman

Is that mittersil or Shawnee peak?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone