• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Next Wknd

VTKilarney

I think that would be even worse. That line needs a six pack bubble setup.
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant to say that I would rather have the Loon gondola at JAY than the tram that is at Jay. In other words, the gondola is a better option than the tram, wherever it is located.

Edd

Sorry, I was not clear. I meant to say that I would rather have the Loon gondola at JAY than the tram that is at Jay. In other words, the gondola is a better option than the tram, wherever it is located.

Oh, yeah, agreed. That setup at Jay blows.

xwhaler

In from Loon:
After talking to our snowmakers this morning, we've decided to open at 8 a.m. this Saturday, Nov. 15!
Our initial plan was to open this Friday, but temperatures haven't been entirely cooperative at lower elevations. That all should change very soon, though. We're making snow on eight upper-mountain trails this morning, and serious snowmaking temps should make their way down to the base of the mountain tonight.
We're going to wait and see what our snowmakers can do over the next 24 hours before deciding which trails to open on Saturday. With that in mind, please remember to check back here tomorrow for important updates on trail openings, early-season ticket pricing, and more.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wildcat is open on Friday. Nothing will be groomed for tomorrow. So, I'd expect snowmaking whale conditions with death cookies.

dlague

:sad:
so what's the next closest place to me (Concord NH) that's open tomorrow?

Hey neighbor! We often go to Killington around this time of year - 1h 40 minutes - easy stuff! The toughest part of the drive is the Woodstock area.

VTKilarney

Hey neighbor! We often go to Killington around this time of year - 1h 40 minutes - easy stuff! The toughest part of the drive is the Woodstock area.
And don't you dare speed through Bridgewater. That town is an even worse speed trap than Woodstock.

xwhaler

Ahhh ok, probably for the best....focus on getting as much made for the wknd as possible

dlague

Bretton Woods is open tomorrow and may be closer from Concord than K

Due to higher than expected temperatures on the lower half of the mountain today, we now plan to REOPEN on SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 15th. At this point, we plan to have at least the Zephyr High Speed Quad spinning this Saturday at 8AM sharp providing access to 25 acres of machine-groomed terrain on our one mile Range View Trail. This weekend, ticket prices will be $39 for all ages

Last edited:

Smellytele

Due to higher than expected temperatures on the lower half of the mountain today, we now plan to REOPEN on SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 15th. At this point, we plan to have at least the Zephyr High Speed Quad spinning this Saturday at 8AM sharp providing access to 25 acres of machine-groomed terrain on our one mile Range View Trail. This weekend, ticket prices will be $39 for all ages
is there an echo in here?

dlague

When I went thru last wek, it was a different guy in an Explorer. It is usually the older guy in the Crown Vic.

Same here on Veterans Day. Probably got rid of the Crown Vic. At least they show the gratitude for those passers by that might have stopped in town to eat!

VTKilarney

I went through on Sunday afternoon and saw the Explorer. It looked like an older guy inside of it.