• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Predict Your First Day on Snow

Rowsdower

Last week of November, maybe first week of December. Qualifying exams are Dec 15th and last for a week... which means I won't have to be in lab which means I'll probably sneak a couple days in. Those might be my first turns if nothing in the Poconos or Catskills looks promising.

JDMRoma

Sunday is a possibility, I have to work saturday..... if not its going to be on the 22nd for sure.

jerryg

I predict that myself, Bobr, and several others will have skied 11/03/14 and a couple days since.

drjeff

11/22 at Mount Snow

Should have 5 days by the end of November! A solid start to what hopefully will be a great, long ski season! :)

Cornhead

Already had my first day on snow, I'm predicting my first day in snow, 11/22...I hope.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BenedictGomez

If we get a little natural help....

December 13th or 20th in the Poconos (Shawnee, Camelback, or Blue Mountain)

If we don't.......

January 10th (ouch) at Plattekill

mbedle

Pretty sure Blue and Camelback are going to be opened on the 28th. Looks like blue is also pushing to have TTB skiing on opening day.

If we get a little natural help....

December 13th or 20th in the Poconos (Shawnee, Camelback, or Blue Mountain)

If we don't.......

January 10th (ouch) at Plattekill

BenedictGomez

Pretty sure Blue and Camelback are going to be opened on the 28th. Looks like blue is also pushing to have TTB skiing on opening day.

I'm sure they will be, but I'm not into WROD, especially not in the Poconos. Last year with all the cold temps and natural snow I skied twice in the Poconos in mid-December at Shawnee, and I want to say it was 100% (or near 100%) open. Best December conditions I can remember in the Poconos, so hopefully this season is setting up a repeat of that.

EDIT: Yup. These record cold temps have done wonders for the Poconos.

Blue Mountain is opening THIS Saturday, Nov 22 & Sunday, Nov 23 from 8am to 10pm with up to 10 trails! This is the earliest opening in our history!

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I thought you didn't ski until after the New Year? What, your football team sucks this year :lol:

My team will make the playoffs this year, dunno after that.

My first day is usually about January 5th since I have to be in Florida for Christmas each year, but last year the Poconos was so solid early on that I did two training / warmup days at Shawnee.