• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boston Ski Expo 2014

canobie#1

Awesome night. I have to say, Ragged has a really impressive look this year. Ragged, Killington and Stowe were giving away shirts and other great prizes. Killington had a live band and several different games, which drew A LOT of people to their area. Okemos lift looks and feels realy nice. Stratton was showing off their lovely, new gondola cabins. Awesome new, retro looking labels for Wildcat and Attitash this year!!!!
Ragged Mountain has a brand new trail map design. Stowe was cooking up some food, as was Okemo.
Great year! Lots of great resorts showed up once again!

bluebird

Just got home from the show. The vibe definitely felt more upbeat than several years ago.

yeggous

I did well tonight. Got free pair of tickets to Magic, a free ticket to Cranmore, a bunch of free tickets for throwback day at Cranmore, a free Nordic ticket at Bretton Woods, bought a bunch of $19 early season tickets to Bretton Woods, and bought a bunch of Attitash / Wildcat gift cards.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Thursday was the only day I could go and I chose to go to Killington instead. In the last few years, I wasn't able to score enough swag to justify the price of admission. It sounds like a bunch of you really scored big!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Cool! I went last year but this year I am bagging it I think. This is always a tough weekend for me with family birthdays. Later november is much better (I should ask them to push the show)

At least until AZ gets big enough to demand our own booth :)

elks

Hoping to do a combo Ski Expo / Children's Museum on Sunday. Should be a relaxing day.

SkiingInABlueDream

Pretty sure I saw one of the Q's at the Burke booth last night. You should stop and say hi whoever's going to the show. :)

The Cannon people did a good job flipping switches between excitement and sympathy over the Mittersill changes.

Kleetus

Heading there as soon as I finish this Harpoon Tour...excited given everybody's comments on the "vibe". If I can score some vouchers or a voucher it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

I the show Thursday night. Have to she with the others about the good vibes this year. It was probably the best one I've been to. It was the first time I actually bought some gear.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Pretty sure I saw one of the Q's at the Burke booth last night. You should stop and say hi whoever's going to the show. :)

The Cannon people did a good job flipping switches between excitement and sympathy over the Mittersill changes.

You probably did see little q.

Cannonball

The Burke folks seemed pretty perky. I talked to them a bit, but I didn't mention any of the meltdown. Tough enough working a show like that, especially with those things in the background.

SkiingInABlueDream

You probably did see little q.

I think that's right. I mentioned I was surprised the mid-Burke lodge is still standing and he went off on how the local community would have lynched him if he took it down, and that he (<he> not <they>) had to "invest" ("invest"?) $40k to bring the building up to code.

I didn't have a jab at the ready about his trying to force local businesses to rebrand to Q Burke.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think that's right. I mentioned I was surprised the mid-Burke lodge is still standing and he went off on how the local community would have lynched him if he took it down, and that he (<he> not <they>) had to "invest" ("invest"?) $40k to bring the building up to code.

I didn't have a jab at the ready about his trying to force local businesses to rebrand to Q Burke.

Yep, that's him. Great way to win friends and influence people.

Kleetus

Well I can't say I was impressed with this years show...last year got a flex card to sunapee a couple 2 for 1 tickets and some comps....this year I got zilch...and the deals places were offering weren't really anything to write home about either...will definitely think hard about going again next year.

Had an awesome time this year. Nabbed some Smith IO changeable goggles for $50 off and met Seth Wescott today. Had a great chat with that guy, started exchanging some lines out on Burnt Mountain (Well he knew all of mine already :lol:). The vibe this year was loose and fun, it seemed like everyone was having a good time!

Also, the Warren Miller showing this evening was dope!