• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Ski-in / Ski-Out Suggestions?

mitchmac

Finally convinced 3 other couples to do a Vermont ski weekend and, as expected, they're insisting on ski-in / ski-out accomodations. So, can anyone suggest places that have true ski-in / ski-out access, and enough room to hold 8 adults? Preferably w/in a 4 to 5 hour drive from the NYC area. Have done this at Okemo before, but the prices now sure seem a lot higher than when I last did it!

Thanks for any suggestions.

xwhaler

What type of terrain do you like?
When would you be looking to go?
Do you require a village like Stratton with access to shops/dining when you are not skiing or prefer to just hang at the pool/condo?

BenedictGomez

Smuggler's Notch fits your: Vermont, budget, ski-in/ski-out, lodging for 8, requirements.

It's a bit further than 5 hours from NYC though, more like 6. Much better skiing than Southern Vermont though.

Hawkshot99

Pretty much any mtn has ski in/out. You just may need more than 1 room. For a large group I feel it is way better than having to drive to the mtn. You may want to ski the entire day, but others not so much. Sonyou can do your thing and they do theirs without ruining the others trip.

yeggous

Pretty much any mtn has ski in/out. You just may need more than 1 room. For a large group I feel it is way better than having to drive to the mtn. You may want to ski the entire day, but others not so much. Sonyou can do your thing and they do theirs without ruining the others trip.

Not at all true. That is a very Vermont point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

mitchmac

What type of terrain do you like?
When would you be looking to go?
Do you require a village like Stratton with access to shops/dining when you are not skiing or prefer to just hang at the pool/condo?

Not looking for anything too extreme - probably Okemo-like would be plenty. Looking for end of February. Village not critical but ladies would probably like option of spa/massage type stuff.

Smuggler's Notch fits your: Vermont, budget, ski-in/ski-out, lodging for 8, requirements.

It's a bit further than 5 hours from NYC though, more like 6. Much better skiing than Southern Vermont though.

I'll have to check out Smugglers and Sugarbush. Both a little further than we wanted to go, but it might be worth it in a couple different ways.

Group is definitely going to have different levels of stamina if you want to call it that. I could easily see some of us going wire to wire, others more into sleeping in, others the 3 hour lunch. Ski in/out probably the best way to allow for those differences. Thanks for the tips...and keep them coming!

xwhaler

I'd consider a look at Pico. 2 high speed quads, enough terrain to keep everyone happy. Probably less expensive than Okemo/Bush.
They are only open Thursday-Monday during non-holiday weeks however so would need to account for that.
Sports club on site and slopeside condos.
Killington access rd nearby if you wanted restaurants/bars etc.

Hawkshot99

Not at all true. That is a very Vermont point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

I would say 70% of mtns have a place to stay on property. Regardless of what state it is in. He did not give enough info on what type of mtn he was interested in except for distance from NYC.

mitchmac

I would say 70% of mtns have a place to stay on property. Regardless of what state it is in. He did not give enough info on what type of mtn he was interested in except for distance from NYC.

On property isn't really what I'm looking for - really looking for true ski in/out. Okemo-like mountain is fine - none of us are looking to spend 3 days beating ourselves up.

mitchmac

Bromley is on the small side but a fun place. shopping in Manchester for those who want a distraction and you can easily drive over to Magic for day if you were so inclined.

http://www.bromley.com/plan/lodging/bromley-village-rentals/

should be within your driving range from NYC

* I never stayed there.

Bromley has possibilities, I'll have to poke around in there. Did a family ski in/out there maybe 15 years ago and it was actually pretty decent. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it. Thanks....

canobie#1

Sugarbush is an awesome place. Plus Mad River Glen is right there as well.

Killington is killer too. I'd strongly suggest both of these options.

I really like the skiing at Smuggs, but don't expect luxury. It's a really dumpy resort with all slow doubles.