Breck, CO 11/14/14 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I did! 12 days ago! =)
    Sweet, I'll have to look you up when I go out in Feb Where are you living? Now I really feel bad I wasn't able to join you at Stowe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's awesome, congrats on the move!!
    Thanks Nick! Already reaping the benefits! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Sweet, I'll have to look you up when I go out in Feb Where are you living? Now I really feel bad I wasn't able to join you at Stowe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm in the Vail/Beaver area. Avon to be specific.

Looks like our paths may cross once more! Lemme know when you come out!

I did! 12 days ago! =)
    Congrats as well! Let's hope these storms keep coming.. after I get a snow-blower though. I can't shovel my driveway one more time.

Does Beaver Creek get busy with uphill traffic? I can only imagine how much fun that was. I was out yesterday morning just on the mountains behind my house but the snow was super heavy and didn't really make for great turns.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2014/1...ening-stampede

makes bunny buster at Killington look like a ghost town
    This is unbelievably funny and terrifying at the same time. Spruce is one of the most dangerous trails on the hill (I almost refuse to come down it)

Quote Originally Posted by ski stef View Post
    Congrats as well! Let's hope these storms keep coming.. after I get a snow-blower though. I can't shovel my driveway one more time.

Does Beaver Creek get busy with uphill traffic? I can only imagine how much fun that was. I was out yesterday morning just on the mountains behind my house but the snow was super heavy and didn't really make for great turns.
    Thanks!

Beaver wasn't too bad for uphill traffic. There were a couple skin tracks set but we only saw 4-5 other people coming down the mountain. Passing by Vail yesterday was another story though. It looked like there were tracks all over the place. Maybe it was patrol/mtn ops but my feeling is that Vail sees more uphill action than Beav.

I'm all ears if you have any recommended tours in Breck or elsewhere in Co =)

Nice! I hit Keystone yesterday and found some decent powder early in the morning. Crowds were present but with the exception of waiting for the Gondola to open I don't think I waited more than 10-12 minutes for a chair.

I skinned up Beaver on Saturday for a full on powder run. With all this snow I have to believe terrain should begin to open up rapidly in the next week or two so long as temps stay cold.

WINTER IS ON!
    Very nice! I was at keystone Friday and found powder almost knee deep off of the ranger chair. It wasn't sustained for very long but it's better than nothing in November!
    I also found some powder in the trees off of Spring Dipper, that trail was still a little rough and needed a couple more feet, by the time I ducked back out I was on a closed trail, whoops! Although keystone got at least another foot after Friday so the conditions may not have been too bad off the beaten path.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

I did! 12 days ago! =)
    And congrats on the move. Avon is a pretty good centralized location to be.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    And congrats on the move. Avon is a pretty good centralized location to be.

Thanks! Avon isn't too bad. I kinda wish I was more near Breck/Silverthorne/Frisco but I'm not complaining!

What I like about Avon is that other than being next to beaver creek, it's 2 hours from Aspen and steamboat, and 1.5 from sunlight, which are all out of Denver day trip range.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Thanks! Avon isn't too bad. I kinda wish I was more near Breck/Silverthorne/Frisco but I'm not complaining!
    You have no traffic or Vail pass going east to Vail, closer to aspen, T-ride and Utah. Plus its just warmer.

Skiing looks great, was bony when I passed by but looks like full on winter!

Meanwhile in Tahoe its pretty much snow free under 9k with marginal snowmaking temps....I'm already predicting Kirkwood delays this weekends opening. Glad I got my bike and some extra money, same ol.

Thread Information