Breck, CO 11/14/14

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    ski stef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Breckenridge, Colo.
    Posts
    1,029

    Camera Breck, CO 11/14/14

    So I haven't been that excited about Breckenridge's opening day, mainly because Breck pushed their opening day back a whole week because of warm temperatures. No one was really jazzed because we haven't had any snow, and the storms we have had come fast and left just the same.

    However.. this week.. the snow gods graced us with a snow storm that lasted a full 48 hours and we got over 2 feet of snow I'm pretty sure. Winter is finally here in Breck, and everyone is on board. Gears switched pretty fast as we all started to remember those sweet fluffy turns.



    My girlfriend, Karla, and I wanted to get a little bit of a workout in so we actually met at her house this morning and toured over to Peak 8. Made it just by 8:50 and I was able to snap some photos of first chair for work. Greeted with donuts and smiles - everyone was happy to be out there today.

    Surprisingly, the lines were minimal. It wasn't too crowded and the lift line was a mere 2 minute wait maybe? I'm not sure if this had a lot to do with the fact that they updated the Colorado SuperChair from a quad to a six pack but either way, it worked.

    Snow was fantastic since although they have been blowing like crazy, the groomed runs they had open (Upper Four O'Clock, Springmeier, Crescendo and some lower trails) had a fresh coat of snow that they didn't groom from last night.

    All in all, it was a fabulous morning. Back at work for the afternoon...... I'd rather be skiing.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Looking good, I'll be out in Feb, my Son is at Keystone today.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  4. #4
    Nice! I hit Keystone yesterday and found some decent powder early in the morning. Crowds were present but with the exception of waiting for the Gondola to open I don't think I waited more than 10-12 minutes for a chair.

    I skinned up Beaver on Saturday for a full on powder run. With all this snow I have to believe terrain should begin to open up rapidly in the next week or two so long as temps stay cold.

    WINTER IS ON!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Nice! I hit Keystone yesterday and found some decent powder early in the morning. Crowds were present but with the exception of waiting for the Gondola to open I don't think I waited more than 10-12 minutes for a chair.

    I skinned up Beaver on Saturday for a full on powder run. With all this snow I have to believe terrain should begin to open up rapidly in the next week or two so long as temps stay cold.

    WINTER IS ON!
    Did you move to CO?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Did you move to CO?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

    I did! 12 days ago! =)

  7. #7
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2014/1...ening-stampede

    makes bunny buster at Killington look like a ghost town

  8. #8
    Nice report now we need to 2 foot snow dump in the Northeast!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I did! 12 days ago! =)
    That's awesome, congrats on the move!!
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2014/1...ening-stampede

    makes bunny buster at Killington look like a ghost town
    I saw that yesterday, that's hilarious
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:14 AM.