• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched is Blowing Snow!

Quietman

BLOWING.JPG

Says that "Projected Opening Day is December 6th. Dates could change with favorable snowmaking temperatures and perhaps a natural snow event. We'll keep everyone posted."

yeggous

Maybe they get frisky this year. I think Wildcat's newfound aggression is the result of the Peak Resorts IPO.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Quietman

Looks like Pat's will win the Crotch vs Pat's opening contest, and will open this Saturday 11/22. Crotched has made more than enough snow to open, but has not made an announcement yet.

xwhaler

Both mtns are impressive for their size in terms of snowmaking. Pre-Thanksgiving turns in Southern NH is a great thing.

Tin

Looks like Pat's will win the Crotch vs Pat's opening contest, and will open this Saturday 11/22. Crotched has made more than enough snow to open, but has not made an announcement yet.

They want to announce Pluto's will be open and are waiting on it. They started on it the other night.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Both mtns are impressive for their size in terms of snowmaking. Pre-Thanksgiving turns in Southern NH is a great thing.
All things considered, certainly Pat's or CM should be competing for first-to-open in Southern NH. Both however, were scooped by Granite Gorge who opened last weekend.

yeggous

They want to announce Pluto's will be open and are waiting on it. They started on it the other night.

They don't have enough there yet, but they might be able to make it happen. Crotched has some crazzzzy snowmaking capacity. If I were king, I'd blow as much as physically possible until Saturday morning. Get every drop possible out of that pond before the rains come and (hopefully) fill it back up.

Tin

Going to a decent amount of rain Sunday night. It looks like it needs a lot more but with that system they can definitely do it. Questions are how much water do they have and how much base will they have after half an inch of rain and 50-55 degree temps?

Smellytele

I will take a few runs Saturday afternoon at Pat's. I have to go and get the passes anyway.

Quietman

All things considered, certainly Pat's or CM should be competing for first-to-open in Southern NH. Both however, were scooped by Granite Gorge who opened last weekend.

Oops, I missed Granite.

At least Crotched is being open about their plans.

"After a week of perfect snowmaking temperatures, we now have a mountain’s worth of large snow piles "whales" and a 20 million gallon snowmaking pond that could use some more H2O! It just so happens rain and warmer temps are expected Sunday through the beginning of next week. The plan is to keep the snow in piles, in doing so our product will remain preserved and protected from inclement weather."

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
A couple of interesting changes to CM's trails per their conditions page:
1. About five years ago, the Valley Chair Liftline, Magnitude, was renamed, "The Park"
2. A few years ago, it became Upper Park and Lower Park.
3. This year, Upper Park was renamed "Magnitude"
4. NCC-1701 was re-categorized as a park.

At least one off-the-trail map glade was added this summer.

MadMadWorld

They don't have enough there yet, but they might be able to make it happen. Crotched has some crazzzzy snowmaking capacity. If I were king, I'd blow as much as physically possible until Saturday morning. Get every drop possible out of that pond before the rains come and (hopefully) fill it back up.

Not as impressive as Wachusett who destroys them all. They have the ability to get trails online overnight.

Tin

I hope it is not in the right section of the trail map...the boarders can keep their snake runs on the left side.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Doubt it's the dumb snake runs. Too much potential for people getting lost heading out towards Crotched East. Doubt it's the West Ledge, too much potential for people getting hurt.

If I had to guess, it's UFO area. It's right there in plain sight and would be easy to maintain.