• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon"s 8 "new" trails

skiberg

Bought my pass and got a look a the new trail Map. The bottom line is maybe one new trail. A few glades added to map that wee already existing. A few just renamed like upper Lower Cannon is now Rock Garden. Took me a while to find the 8th, but eventually figured it out. Hint, it will be less apparent to old time Cannon skiers then the newer generation.

Puck it

Already discussed here. I only get 7.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/133298-Cannon-Lover-s-Thread/page2?highlight=cannon

Trails added
Goat Path - old trail back on map just below HSQ unload
Rock Garden - rename blue section of Lower Cannon

Glades added
Whiskey Towne - pretty obvious glade off the cat track to Banshee
Lil' Bertha - off Snowmaker's
The Creek - not obvious but off the first turn of Lower Hard
Amazon - off the run out back to Cannonball on Upper Hard
Wicked Haahhd - off the last turn of Upper Hard. This is one of the ones that you can see off the Saddle Ridge

bobbutts

attachment.php

nearly illegible scan that Puck it posted in another thread

skiberg

Don't have the map with me, but nothing earth shattering. Whiskey town in on there now. Lil Bertha off of Snowmakers and a couple off of Hardscrabble. Always thought it odd that they never got the name right on Go Green.

skiberg

Thanks, I should have taken a pic of it and posted with this. My kids and I spent about 15 mins trying to find all Eight. It was like a Where is Waldo game.

skiberg

I only got 7 as well. My youngest finally figured it out. I think its a generational thing.

MadMadWorld

How long before Mittersill terrain is named and added to the trail map? My guess is they will all be added as "glades" so they can still claim 100% open even when Mittersill is closed.

Savemeasammy

On Vista Way, the map shows a tree island in the middle of the trail. I'm pretty sure that one side or the other could be counted as it's own trail. C'mon Cannon marketing department. Get with it. You could have added 9 trails this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeski

There are two tree islands on Vista Way. I learned the hard way just because one side is groomed doesn't mean the other is.