$100 for a whole Mountain day pass?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why can't the Eastern resorts, with their limit end terrain offer specific lift passes, instead of charging for the whole mountain ?

Quote Originally Posted by aricracer View Post
    Why can't the Eastern resorts, with their limit end terrain offer specific lift passes, instead of charging for the whole mountain ?
    Because they don't have any incentive to, and that would be a management headache for them they don't need. They could also charge for each lift ride, on any lift, easy enough with today's technology, but again, no incentive to lose money.

Snowdon Quad and Bunny-buster Poma $45 days when the race school is not on snow, through Christmas ?

$30 for a November afternoon if Bunny Buster is taken by a race school in the morning.

There is no growth in the number of skiers and boarders; 85% of newbies never return. Pavlov's skiers have gotten used to paying Somalia ransom for a ticket, so why change things now?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Because many, many mountains really have only one main lift. In Nee Hampshire I'm thinking of Wildcat, Cranmore, Crotched, Gunstock, etc. Most already offer some form of lower mountain lift ticket as part of a beginner package. Plus it would just be a pain the balls for more sprawling areas.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by aricracer View Post
    Assuming the tickets would be tiered, with beginner lifts cheaper and advanced lifts more money, this would cause most of us on this site to pay more to go skiing. Not something I'm interested in, I like having all the people who pay the walk up rate without thinking twice subsidize my skiing.
    I also do the Twitters.

Mtn high in SoCal used to do something similar to that, it wasn't pay per ride per se, but based on X amount of points. Weekends cost more points for the same lift.

Been at least 5 years since I've skied there though so I can't quite remember the specifics.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Jiminy Peak sells lower mountain tickets at less than half the price of their all mountain ticket. They have RFID.

http://www.jiminypeak.com/lift-tickets

Sugarloaf has three tiers of pricing, lower mtn, mid mtn and then of course all mtn. I believe the mid mtn gets you whiffletree. Not bad for somebody who is new and progressing up in ability

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    There is no growth in the number of skiers and boarders; 85% of newbies never return. Pavlov's skiers have gotten used to paying Somalia ransom for a ticket, so why change things now?
    Yet we expect to ski by Thanksgiving, on all manmade snow, on fast lifts...but we call "ransom" for what they charge. You love an expensive sport, have to pay the price.

Thread Information