• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I need a new ski jacket. What do you have/like? Are puffy jackets still in vogue?

Scruffy

Time for something new. I've got killer cold and spring covered. Looking for something new for mid-weight, average NE ski day; in the 10-30 degrees-ish range. Something wind-blocker of course. This jacket would be used mostly on piste, I've got off piste covered.

KevinF

I've been using jackets from Mammut the past two seasons or so, the Stoney and Alyeska ones to be specific. (Different sizes to fit differing number of layers underneath). Both are just shells, so they work under any temperature range (I have enough fleece and down mid-layers to start a store...).

bobbutts

Style and fit and stuff like how many vents and pockets and where they are is probably most important for this type of jacket, all highly personal. I like going to a place like Killington road where there are plenty of shops to comparison shop and try different brands.

Savemeasammy

i believe skiers must have a red jacket, thats all i know.

Agreed. It is also handy if you have a self-adhering white cross that you can quickly affix to the back should it be necessary to poach a trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk