Kton 11/26

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kton 11/26

Kton 11/26

Any one going to be there?

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Last edited by Tin; Nov 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM.

Won't be up lil fella
    I lift things up and put them down.

Conditions were better than I thought they would be. And got better as the day went on.

But it the day started out bad as I got a speeding tic on East Mtn. I have never seen a cop on it and I had never noticed it is 25mph limit. $150 tic for 40 in a 25.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Glad to hear about the conditions, the surface I skied Weds. was the worst I've skied at K. Sorry about the 5 oh. Can't believe they opened lower Skyelark today after only 12", there were 3' waterbars visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    But it the day started out bad as I got a speeding tic on East Mtn. I have never seen a cop on it and I had never noticed it is 25mph limit. $150 tic for 40 in a 25.
    No as you stated in another thread you were doing 48 in a 25. 48 on that road is reckless driving. Be thankful the cop let you off easy only righting you up for 15 mph over the limit. Ticket would have been much worse if it was given for the actual # of mph you were over the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    No as you stated in another thread you were doing 48 in a 25. 48 on that road is reckless driving. Be thankful the cop let you off easy only righting you up for 15 mph over the limit. Ticket would have been much worse if it was given for the actual # of mph you were over the speed limit.
    I know I was thinking it was 40 or 45 thru there.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

$150 tic for 40 in a 25.
    Ticket for being 23mph over speed limit in VT. is $233. The cop saved you over $80 bucks. Also expect a $47 surcharge on top of that $150 ticket.

The tic says 151 for waiver.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

The tic says 151 for waiver.
    I guess the officer waived the surcharge for you, very nice of him. The $151 instead of $150 makes sense. VT. puts out a chart of what the ticket costs per mph over the speed limit. 15 mph over the limit is $151, 23 mph over the limit is $233. That's where I got my numbers from. All tickets are supposed to have a $47 surcharge. Whether you realize it or not the cop did you a favor not only clocking you for less mph over the limit but also for waiving the surcharge. You owe him a beer.

Thread Information