• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$200 to cut the line at K...

skiur

The blackout pass allows you to ski a few blackout days.

You're an idiot !!!

Only an idiot would want to ski at K on a blackout day! If you have to ski in that area on a holiday pico is the way to go.

steamboat1

Cancelled

Dear Season Pass Holder,

While you spend your summers at the beach or on the golf course we’re busy working on ways we can continue to improve the experience for our guests here at Killington. This fall we developed the BeFast product based on similar offerings at resorts across the country. We also solicited feedback and collected more information through guest surveys and general emails sent to us. We understood that this product would be controversial among our guests, and as expected we received both positive and negative feedback regarding this new offering.

We have decided that the demand for the product did not outweigh the negative feedback from many pass holders, and as a result we have decided to cease BeFast lane operations as of December 25, 2014. As we try to improve the overall guest experience at the resort, we need to innovate and take chances on new products. It is important that when a new product or service does not perform as expected, that we can make quick decisions to change course.

We value the input we receive from our guests and thank all for your continued support as we look to improve the resort. If you have any questions regarding the decision to terminate the BeFast Pass, please contact the Season Pass Office at seasonpass@killington.com or 802-422-6886.

Happy Holidays!
Mike Solimano
President and General Manager

mriceyman

They listen to the masses.. Have to respect that

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

If you've followed along over the past few years K management has been the most forthcomming, open, informative, insightful & explainitory management team of any I've ever seen in the ski industry. Whatever your feelings may be about the mountain, vibe, clientele etc. you have to give them a lot of credit for their straight talk. No one ever talked about a wet bulb for snowmaking until Jeff Temple of Killington explained in a communication last year. I personally appreciate the open communications they have with their patrons & think it's the most cost efficient means of creating good will.

Last edited:

Smellytele

If you've followed along over the past few years K management has been the most forthcomming, open, informative, insightful & explainitory management team of any I've ever seen in the ski industry. Whatever your feelings may be about the mountain, vibe, clientele etc. you have to give them a lot of credit for their straight talk. No one ever talked about a wet bulb for snowmaking until Jeff Temple of Killington explained in a communication last year. I personally appreciate the open communications they have with their patrons & think it's the most cost efficient means of creating good will.

I do agree that they have made major steps in communication over the last few years and wish other areas would follow.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So if one paid the $200 I take it that they get a refund?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
I wouldn't buy a pass like this no matter how much money I had.

I don't like the idea of a "privileged class" on snow. If you want no lift lines, join Skip and Margo at The Hermitage Club.

I'm cool with a First Tracks type program where the mountain opens a half hour early certain days. Beyond that, get in line with everyone else.

Couldnt agree more!