• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$200 to cut the line at K...

JimG.

Staff member

dlague

I will catch this thread up

Booo..........

but, I bet they sell out.

Didn't think getting stuck in line at Skye Peak Express could get any worse....

I'm sure you are aware that many ski instructors have weekly clients who hire them for the entire day for the soul purpose of jumping the lift line. It's these instructors who should be complaining most about this :)

What the hell, I guess. Can't really fault them.

Why not?? And if you've been to essentially any amusement park the last few years, you know that they've been doing the same thing, and lots of people are partaking in it

Will Killington actually enforce it properly is the question?

I say that given the rampant abuse that occurs via selfish and rude people (usually teens to 25 year olds) in the "singles" line at most mountains.

I do not like the idea, and it is only for season pass holders so someone coming up and paying $92.00 at the window does not even have the option. There is a poll about it on kzone and it has 49 people against it vs only 2 people for it. Wont really affect me as I stay the hell away from those lifts on a peak day but I still dont like it.

This is a lesson on how to make a season pass cost more by adding options. I think if you are a season pass holder and did not have a problem with season pass prices then for the pass holder it is a not brainer I never ski there enough to warrant a season pass therefore not an option, but as a lift ticket holder that sucks big time.

I like the way they put it OK then what is it? A separate lift line that gets to people on the lift faster without getting in front of those in the other lift line!

Unlimited passes at K get $100 free Beast Bucks. Apply that to the cost of the upgrade & it actually only costs $99 + tax.

It's probably just like they do at say Universal Studios theme parks or at Six Flags. For a fee, above and beyond the usual fee, you get access to a separate line which they then manage along with the regular queue line. In a ski situation, I could see them taking say 2 or 3 groups out of that premium queue lane for every 1 they take out of the regular queue lanes to speed up the process. You end up not going right to the front, but that queue lane between having less people using it and more groups being called out from it moves quicker.

For example at 6 Flags, they have a 3 tier what they call a "flash pass" system where the cheapest pass level, once you electronically log into a rides flashpass queue always you to enter the regular ride queue lane essentually just before you would load the ride, at a time that it equivalent to what the usual queue lane wait it (so that you can go on other rides instead of waiting for the one you flash pass reserved) - their middle level flashpass, which costs about twice what the basic flash pass costs, lets you cut the wait time by 50%, and the premium flashpass, which costs about 4 times what the basic pass costs, reduces your wait time by 90%

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wouldn't buy a pass like this no matter how much money I had.

I don't like the idea of a "privileged class" on snow. If you want no lift lines, join Skip and Margo at The Hermitage Club.

I'm cool with a First Tracks type program where the mountain opens a half hour early certain days. Beyond that, get in line with everyone else.

gmcunni

if (when) they make this an option for day passes it will really screw the general population on powder days.

Scruffy

I don't know what to say about this. My initial reaction is: this sucks. We don't need further stratification of income levels at the mountains. It's already evident enough, when a wealthy person pulls into the VIP parking in their porsche cayenne turbo, that they just drove only one mile from their multi-million $$ mountain home, dressed in their Kjus, and sporting their Carradan skis, against the backdrop of hordes of liftopia carrying vouchers, hand-me-down skis, dressed in Columbia jackets purchased at Dick Sports, and driven to the mountain in whatever family car happen to be in running order. That somehow, once sliding on snow, we're all brothers and sisters in arms, the arms against winter doldrums. But, even those masses that trek to the resorts in that, oft-paid for family car, with their PB&J sandwiches smooched tightly in their ragged coats are better off than ~97% of the worlds population, so WTF is the difference.

Scruffy

if (when) they make this an option for day passes it will really screw the general population on powder days.

Powder days have have been screwed for many a year now, especially in the NE, but even out west. Alta, by 10:30AM the mountain is trashed on a powder day. Out east, it can be trashed before the lifts even open; I've personally been first in the lift line waiting, while the mountain let's ski patrol get a number of runs before they drop the rope at the lift.

snoseek

I hope this turns out super profitable for them because it's likely going to piss off a majority of the people, will devalue the overall experience. It's desperate IMO, shit even Vail resorts doesn't pull this shit.

bobbutts

The best skiing on powder days is often found at places that aren't household names. Having umpteen high speed quads and a rabid following isn't a great formula for endless powder turns.
The line cutting pass (despite them claiming it's not that) would piss me off when I'm waiting extra time. Just like the flash pass at Six Flags that pissed me off.

skiNEwhere

Honestly I'm surprised that pass didn't already exist. Copper is owned by Powdr as well and has had that pass for years.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
The best skiing on powder days is often found at places that aren't household names. Having umpteen high speed quads and a rabid following isn't a great formula for endless powder turns.

This has certainly been my experience. I was waiting in the lift line at 8:45AM at Waterville Valley following the Valentines Day Storm - was that 2007? I got one untracked powder run. The next run - mind you, still great skiing - the major runs down the hill were already chop.

At my "medium size" home area, the biggest impediment to fresh powder tracks is the grooming equipment! I can tell similar stories of my 10 seasons at Ragged Mt. - and I suspect others can affirm similar experiences at those areas between 500 vertical and 1200 vertical.

Brad J

I am in the camp that we are pretty much equal with the privileges that the ticket or pass gives us. When it gets divided it creates a bad experience, last year on a busy Saturday I saw the top guy at Attitash in line with the rest of us, my opinion of him increased greatly with that one act.

gostan

Simply Ridiculous.

Sugarbush is selling an Early Ups add on that allows a season pass owner to get on Sugar Bravo 30 minutes early on weekends and holidays. All for $500.00.:uzi:

Last edited:

SkiFanE

I'd be worried about being pelted with something while I cruise by all the poor commoners on the way to VIP line ("Mary, save me a few of those martini olives for the line...").

benski

Simply Ridiculous.

Sugarbush is selling an Early Ups add on that allows a season pass owner to get on Sugar Bravo 30 minutes early on weekends and holidays. All for $500.00.:uzi:

Very few people bought that.