$200 to cut the line at K...

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

http://www.killington.com/site/ticke...es/befast_pass

So Befast for season pass holders, and BePassed for nonpass holders. If you are stuck waiting at least the fights in the K1 Corral will be entertaining...

Next up to bring in money they will charge you to ski individual trails or glades after a storm.

Heard you can bypass the restroom line with it also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This discussion is happening here too!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...730#post872730
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    http://www.killington.com/site/ticke...es/befast_pass

So Befast for season pass holders, and BePassed for nonpass holders. If you are stuck waiting at least the fights in the K1 Corral will be entertaining...

Next up to bring in money they will charge you to ski individual trails or glades after a storm.
    I'm sure if it is successful that many other ski areas will quickly follow suit.

It's called creating revenue without really changing anything.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

if i was rich and a K passholder this would be a no brainer purchase.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    if i was rich and a K passholder this would be a no brainer purchase.
    I said the same in the other thread!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

I will catch this thread up

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Booo..........

but, I bet they sell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boofenstien View Post
    Didn't think getting stuck in line at Skye Peak Express could get any worse....
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua segal View Post
    I'm sure you are aware that many ski instructors have weekly clients who hire them for the entire day for the soul purpose of jumping the lift line. It's these instructors who should be complaining most about this
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    What the hell, I guess. Can't really fault them.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Why not?? And if you've been to essentially any amusement park the last few years, you know that they've been doing the same thing, and lots of people are partaking in it
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Will Killington actually enforce it properly is the question?

I say that given the rampant abuse that occurs via selfish and rude people (usually teens to 25 year olds) in the "singles" line at most mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I do not like the idea, and it is only for season pass holders so someone coming up and paying $92.00 at the window does not even have the option. There is a poll about it on kzone and it has 49 people against it vs only 2 people for it. Wont really affect me as I stay the hell away from those lifts on a peak day but I still dont like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    This is a lesson on how to make a season pass cost more by adding options. I think if you are a season pass holder and did not have a problem with season pass prices then for the pass holder it is a not brainer I never ski there enough to warrant a season pass therefore not an option, but as a lift ticket holder that sucks big time.

I like the way they put it OK then what is it? A separate lift line that gets to people on the lift faster without getting in front of those in the other lift line!
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Unlimited passes at K get $100 free Beast Bucks. Apply that to the cost of the upgrade & it actually only costs $99 + tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    It's probably just like they do at say Universal Studios theme parks or at Six Flags. For a fee, above and beyond the usual fee, you get access to a separate line which they then manage along with the regular queue line. In a ski situation, I could see them taking say 2 or 3 groups out of that premium queue lane for every 1 they take out of the regular queue lanes to speed up the process. You end up not going right to the front, but that queue lane between having less people using it and more groups being called out from it moves quicker.

For example at 6 Flags, they have a 3 tier what they call a "flash pass" system where the cheapest pass level, once you electronically log into a rides flashpass queue always you to enter the regular ride queue lane essentually just before you would load the ride, at a time that it equivalent to what the usual queue lane wait it (so that you can go on other rides instead of waiting for the one you flash pass reserved) - their middle level flashpass, which costs about twice what the basic flash pass costs, lets you cut the wait time by 50%, and the premium flashpass, which costs about 4 times what the basic pass costs, reduces your wait time by 90%
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

I wouldn't buy a pass like this no matter how much money I had.

I don't like the idea of a "privileged class" on snow. If you want no lift lines, join Skip and Margo at The Hermitage Club.

I'm cool with a First Tracks type program where the mountain opens a half hour early certain days. Beyond that, get in line with everyone else.

if (when) they make this an option for day passes it will really screw the general population on powder days.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Thread Information