$200 to cut the line at K... - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't know what to say about this. My initial reaction is: this sucks. We don't need further stratification of income levels at the mountains. It's already evident enough, when a wealthy person pulls into the VIP parking in their porsche cayenne turbo, that they just drove only one mile from their multi-million $$ mountain home, dressed in their Kjus, and sporting their Carradan skis, against the backdrop of hordes of liftopia carrying vouchers, hand-me-down skis, dressed in Columbia jackets purchased at Dick Sports, and driven to the mountain in whatever family car happen to be in running order. That somehow, once sliding on snow, we're all brothers and sisters in arms, the arms against winter doldrums. But, even those masses that trek to the resorts in that, oft-paid for family car, with their PB&J sandwiches smooched tightly in their ragged coats are better off than ~97% of the worlds population, so WTF is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    if (when) they make this an option for day passes it will really screw the general population on powder days.
    Powder days have have been screwed for many a year now, especially in the NE, but even out west. Alta, by 10:30AM the mountain is trashed on a powder day. Out east, it can be trashed before the lifts even open; I've personally been first in the lift line waiting, while the mountain let's ski patrol get a number of runs before they drop the rope at the lift.

I hope this turns out super profitable for them because it's likely going to piss off a majority of the people, will devalue the overall experience. It's desperate IMO, shit even Vail resorts doesn't pull this shit.

The best skiing on powder days is often found at places that aren't household names. Having umpteen high speed quads and a rabid following isn't a great formula for endless powder turns.
    The line cutting pass (despite them claiming it's not that) would piss me off when I'm waiting extra time. Just like the flash pass at Six Flags that pissed me off.

"man you make it look so fluid"

$200 to cut the line at K...

Honestly I'm surprised that pass didn't already exist. Copper is owned by Powdr as well and has had that pass for years.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Quote Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
    The best skiing on powder days is often found at places that aren't household names. Having umpteen high speed quads and a rabid following isn't a great formula for endless powder turns.

This has certainly been my experience. I was waiting in the lift line at 8:45AM at Waterville Valley following the Valentines Day Storm - was that 2007? I got one untracked powder run. The next run - mind you, still great skiing - the major runs down the hill were already chop.

At my "medium size" home area, the biggest impediment to fresh powder tracks is the grooming equipment! I can tell similar stories of my 10 seasons at Ragged Mt. - and I suspect others can affirm similar experiences at those areas between 500 vertical and 1200 vertical.

I am in the camp that we are pretty much equal with the privileges that the ticket or pass gives us. When it gets divided it creates a bad experience, last year on a busy Saturday I saw the top guy at Attitash in line with the rest of us, my opinion of him increased greatly with that one act.

Simply Ridiculous.

Sugarbush is selling an Early Ups add on that allows a season pass owner to get on Sugar Bravo 30 minutes early on weekends and holidays. All for $500.00.
    Last edited by gostan; Nov 26, 2014 at 6:40 PM.
    Stan

I'd be worried about being pelted with something while I cruise by all the poor commoners on the way to VIP line ("Mary, save me a few of those martini olives for the line...").

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Simply Ridiculous.

Sugarbush is selling an Early Ups add on that allows a season pass owner to get on Sugar Bravo 30 minutes early on weekends and holidays. All for $500.00.
    Very few people bought that.

Thread Information