• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Elk Mountain Website

Cornhead

Very tempted to buy a morning pass tomorrow, $49, and ski in the rain all day. Greek's not reopening till Sunday. Anyone here foolish enough to join me? Just got my new skis out of the shop, one day on them, I'm jonesing to ski bad. Bummed me out when I heard Greek wasn't going to open, probably shouldn't blow $50 + gas though. Addiction, nobody said it'd be easy.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Very tempted to buy a morning pass tomorrow, $49, and ski in the rain all day. Greek's not reopening till Sunday. Anyone here foolish enough to join me? Just got my new skis out of the shop, one day on them, I'm jonesing to ski bad. Bummed me out when I heard Greek wasn't going to open, probably shouldn't blow $50 + gas though. Addiction, nobody said it'd be easy.

Best Avatar Award!

Cornhead

Best Avatar Award!

Googled "cornhead", turns out a corn head is part of a corn harvesting machine, or a creepy guy, great. See Platty thread for the origin of my screen name. This came up when I clicked "images", hope no one sues me for using it.

Just called Elk to confirm they'll be opening, the lady on the other end said, "Yes, but just so you know, it's supposed to rain all day." I said, "Yes, I know, that's why I'm calling." I then asked if they're charging full rate, they are, should be a ghost town. Maybe I'll flip a coin, or pass, and blow off work next week to ski whoever gets the most snow out if this upcoming event, Daks could be in play. Hum, let's see, $47 to ski Elk in the rain, or $35 to ski Whiteface after a dump...or both! Shit, that didn't help me decide.

Last edited:

jgh1980

Definitely want to head up here this season. Probably one of the best in PA.