• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

21 and Older Pubs at Ski Areas During the Day?

bobbutts

BmHTlomIAAA5Euz.jpg

You guys would enjoy La Quinta in Springfield MA. They let babies in the bar at midnight.

Attachments

• BmHTlomIAAA5Euz.jpg
    BmHTlomIAAA5Euz.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 128

Edd

As a frequent bar patron I dislike kids in there, but it doesn't make a ton of business sense for Cannon to do that. The last thing ski areas need to do is ban kids from anything. They are the future skiers, and parents have enough hassles.

Brad J

When I turned 18 that was the legal drinking age. I remember the first thing I did after picking up my draft card that day was go to a bar. This was the year they ended the draft. If you're old enough to join the service I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed to drink.

you must be very close in age to me 18 in 1972, did not register until I was 19 they were not very happy with me. scary

snoseek

I'm ok with having a kid free zone, pubs are the perfect place. I like to cuss and talk shit when I drink, that's sorta what happens at bars. I have zero parenting experience but I can promise you if I did you wouldn't see them around a bunch of people drinking.

Do as you wish, just know that if someones slurring fbombs it sort of goes with the territory

skiur

I have no problem with kids in bars, Its should be up to the parents if they want them in there, but dont give me a dirty look if I curse around your kid in a bar. Most other places I watch my language if young kids are around but if you bring your kid in a bar and sit next to me I will curse at will, Cannon may feel they dont want kids in the bar because they take up seats that could otherwise be held by someone buying alcohol which costs much more the soda.

Edd

Cannon may feel they dont want kids in the bar because they take up seats that could otherwise be held by someone buying alcohol which costs much more the soda.

That's an interesting thought.

Bandit2941

snoseek pretty much nailed it.

I think it's a great rule and I wish more mountains would do it! What I find is that the parents with big groups of kids come in and take over tables in the bar and then eat their own food. So I don't have a place to sit and consume what I actually bought from the resort!

steamboat1

snoseek pretty much nailed it.

I think it's a great rule and I wish more mountains would do it! What I find is that the parents with big groups of kids come in and take over tables in the bar and then eat their own food. So I don't have a place to sit and consume what I actually bought from the resort!
I'm not aware of any ski area pub that allows you to brown bag, especially if they serve food.

dlague

I'm ok with having a kid free zone, pubs are the perfect place. I like to cuss and talk shit when I drink, that's sorta what happens at bars. I have zero parenting experience but I can promise you if I did you wouldn't see them around a bunch of people drinking.

Do as you wish, just know that if someones slurring fbombs it sort of goes with the territory

I have no problem with kids in bars, Its should be up to the parents if they want them in there, but dont give me a dirty look if I curse around your kid in a bar. Most other places I watch my language if young kids are around but if you bring your kid in a bar and sit next to me I will curse at will, Cannon may feel they dont want kids in the bar because they take up seats that could otherwise be held by someone buying alcohol which costs much more the soda.

Language around my kids is not a concern for me. If the primary restaurant at the resort is doubling up as a bar there too - where are the options. Pats Peak has the Sled Pub which is also their primary place for sit down lunch or dining as such is the Case of Cannon it is the Cannonball Pub, at Waterville it is T-bar, at Attitash it is Ptarmigan's Pub, at Wildcat it is Wildcat Pub all of which are the bar and restaurant, however Cannonball Pub is the only one with this restriction. Personally it is their business so no big loss for me - in fact it is a gain since I will spend less.

dlague

I'm not aware of any ski area pub that allows you to brown bag, especially if they serve food.

Well the K-1 Lodge I see people eating bagged lunches and well as people eating food bought from the resort at the MAHOGANY RIDGE BAR (never knew the name of it until now). I think it works as a well blended environment. Of course that bar seems to be self serve much of the time. The bar at Mid Burke is like that to on a smaller scale.

Smellytele

Well the K-1 Lodge I see people eating bagged lunches and well as people eating food bought from the resort at the MAHOGANY RIDGE BAR (never knew the name of it until now). I think it works as a well blended environment. Of course that bar seems to be self serve much of the time. The bar at Mid Burke is like that to on a smaller scale.
Do they have table service at the K-1 lodge?

dlague

Pico has a brown bag area only and I have never had a problem with it at K.

That is what is nice brown bag and still get your beer or sit in the area where the bar is not and brown bag and BYOB.

bigbog

Pretty bizarre...would hazard a guess that the owners must be pretty young. One sometimes sees young business owners with EC(New England) educations(I'd assume) making pretty parochial business decisions...particularly where one could get some food there.

Last edited:

skiur

Do they have table service at the K-1 lodge?

no table service at K1 thats why you can bring cafeteria food or your own food into mahogony. Used to have the superstar pub next to it (Thank you irene for knocking it down and giving us the u-bars) and you could not bring your own food in there.

SIKSKIER

The Cannonball Pub can get very crowded on Saturday afternoon for happy hour.I think its more of a money thing.Drinks are a lot more profitable than food.I actually reluctantly skip HH because its way too crowded for me and can be a sauna with all the people.As far as bringing a beer outside the bar,that is not a problem as they sell beer in the cafeteria area.Their license covers that and the deck.

deadheadskier

Staff member
More ski area cafeterias should sell beer. I'm typically a barfly, but if I'm just looking to grab a quick bite and a drink, I just assume grab a bottle of something decent with my cafeteria grub. That way I'm not waiting for a bartender to serve me, bring the tab, cash me out etc.