21 and Older Pubs at Ski Areas During the Day? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121
  1. #21




    You guys would enjoy La Quinta in Springfield MA. They let babies in the bar at midnight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "man you make it look so fluid"

  2. #22
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,830

    21 and Older Pubs at Ski Areas During the Day?

    As a frequent bar patron I dislike kids in there, but it doesn't make a ton of business sense for Cannon to do that. The last thing ski areas need to do is ban kids from anything. They are the future skiers, and parents have enough hassles.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    When I turned 18 that was the legal drinking age. I remember the first thing I did after picking up my draft card that day was go to a bar. This was the year they ended the draft. If you're old enough to join the service I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed to drink.
    you must be very close in age to me 18 in 1972, did not register until I was 19 they were not very happy with me. scary

  4. #24
    I'm ok with having a kid free zone, pubs are the perfect place. I like to cuss and talk shit when I drink, that's sorta what happens at bars. I have zero parenting experience but I can promise you if I did you wouldn't see them around a bunch of people drinking.

    Do as you wish, just know that if someones slurring fbombs it sort of goes with the territory

  5. #25
    I have no problem with kids in bars, Its should be up to the parents if they want them in there, but dont give me a dirty look if I curse around your kid in a bar. Most other places I watch my language if young kids are around but if you bring your kid in a bar and sit next to me I will curse at will, Cannon may feel they dont want kids in the bar because they take up seats that could otherwise be held by someone buying alcohol which costs much more the soda.

  6. #26
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Cannon may feel they dont want kids in the bar because they take up seats that could otherwise be held by someone buying alcohol which costs much more the soda.
    That's an interesting thought.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Between the Catskills & Shawangunks
    Posts
    203
    snoseek pretty much nailed it.

    I think it's a great rule and I wish more mountains would do it! What I find is that the parents with big groups of kids come in and take over tables in the bar and then eat their own food. So I don't have a place to sit and consume what I actually bought from the resort!

  8. #28
    steamboat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY/Pittsford,VT.
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit2941 View Post
    snoseek pretty much nailed it.

    I think it's a great rule and I wish more mountains would do it! What I find is that the parents with big groups of kids come in and take over tables in the bar and then eat their own food. So I don't have a place to sit and consume what I actually bought from the resort!
    I'm not aware of any ski area pub that allows you to brown bag, especially if they serve food.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    I'm ok with having a kid free zone, pubs are the perfect place. I like to cuss and talk shit when I drink, that's sorta what happens at bars. I have zero parenting experience but I can promise you if I did you wouldn't see them around a bunch of people drinking.

    Do as you wish, just know that if someones slurring fbombs it sort of goes with the territory
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I have no problem with kids in bars, Its should be up to the parents if they want them in there, but dont give me a dirty look if I curse around your kid in a bar. Most other places I watch my language if young kids are around but if you bring your kid in a bar and sit next to me I will curse at will, Cannon may feel they dont want kids in the bar because they take up seats that could otherwise be held by someone buying alcohol which costs much more the soda.
    Language around my kids is not a concern for me. If the primary restaurant at the resort is doubling up as a bar there too - where are the options. Pats Peak has the Sled Pub which is also their primary place for sit down lunch or dining as such is the Case of Cannon it is the Cannonball Pub, at Waterville it is T-bar, at Attitash it is Ptarmigan's Pub, at Wildcat it is Wildcat Pub all of which are the bar and restaurant, however Cannonball Pub is the only one with this restriction. Personally it is their business so no big loss for me - in fact it is a gain since I will spend less.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    I'm not aware of any ski area pub that allows you to brown bag, especially if they serve food.
    Well the K-1 Lodge I see people eating bagged lunches and well as people eating food bought from the resort at the MAHOGANY RIDGE BAR (never knew the name of it until now). I think it works as a well blended environment. Of course that bar seems to be self serve much of the time. The bar at Mid Burke is like that to on a smaller scale.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:40 AM.