Best spot around boston to earn your turns after work?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best spot around boston to earn your turns after work?

Assuming Boston gets the usual southern storms that it has the last couple of years, I was hoping to find a few spots that I go to after work with a head lamp, hike up and get a few turns, Is there anything worth the effort within 45min of Boston?

Prospect Hill in Waltham.

Horn Pond Mtn. In Woburn

Boston Hill in Nirth andover.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Blue hills is the closest. About 20-25 minutes away
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Nobscot Mtn in Framingham. Fun after a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post

They recently put an assisted living place in there so I am not ssure how accessible the old trails are or even if they stilll exist. It may have grown over....

Quote Originally Posted by john1200c View Post
    They recently put an assisted living place in there so I am not ssure how accessible the old trails are or even if they stilll exist. It may have grown over....
    I forgot about that. Oops!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

The Blue Hills ski area is not friendly to earning your turns but when the cover is good, you can find a few good lines quite easily. The place is big and there are areas where the undergrowth is not that bad and the tree spacing is what you find in many "glades" in resorts up north.
    But it all boils down to cover.
    Live for today

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Prospect Hill in Waltham.

Horn Pond Mtn. In Woburn

I lived in Waltham for a number of years and earned my turns there quite a bit! There is an old ski bump at Cat Rock (not sure if that's the real name) that is right on the Weston/Waltham line. In the woods you can see the remnants of a very old tow rope. that I would build a jump and then just ski down and hike up all day. A lot of kids sled there but some HS and college students have put up some decent size kickers and even a rail or two. The bigger challenge is not getting bitten or fall in dog poo because all of the dog walkers in the area go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsis View Post
    The Blue Hills ski area is not friendly to earning your turns but when the cover is good, you can find a few good lines quite easily. The place is big and there are areas where the undergrowth is not that bad and the tree spacing is what you find in many "glades" in resorts up north.
    But it all boils down to cover.
    When I originally stated blue hills I didn't realize he only wanted BC. But I'll still echo this. In really good snow years, you can ski the rt 128 side!!
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Wachusett loves uphill skiers, make sure you go check them out!
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Thread Information