• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burkeapolooza II: February 17-18th

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just saw this... I might be able to make it sunday. Who will be there sunday?

Edit: Are there any discounts for passholders at other mountains at Burke?

I am there early on Sunday AM. 8am-12noon probably.

There are no discounts in effect for that day because it is a holiday weekend. Otherwise, you could ski from 12:15-4 for $15.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
In terms of a place and time to meet:

Andy Zee is coming from Killington, so that is a long drive.

I am coming from WRJ with Ms. TB.

Rider is coming from Littleton.

from_the_nek is coming from Lyndonville.

How about:

10 am out front of the Sherburne Base Lodge????

awf170

I am there early on Sunday AM. 8am-12noon probably.

There are no discounts in effect for that day because it is a holiday weekend. Otherwise, yuo could ski from 12:15-4 for $15.

Dang. I would say I'm 50%. If all the glades are skiable by then I will probably be in.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
burke was "okay" today :D wish i could make it, but full price lift ticket skiing is not in the cards for me this season since i have prepaid for skiing at so many other ski areas. enjoy burke to those planning on joining thetrailboss. you guys couldn't have a better guide to the mountain and burke is guaranteed to be the least crowded 2000 vert ski area in new england for the holiday weekend with exception of saddleback.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
In terms of a place and time to meet:

Andy Zee is coming from Killington, so that is a long drive.

I am coming from WRJ with Ms. TB.

Rider is coming from Littleton.

from_the_nek is coming from Lyndonville.

How about:

10 am out front of the Sherburne Base Lodge????

This is for Saturday, right? That's the only day I can make it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
This is for Saturday, right? That's the only day I can make it.

YES.

For Sunday, I will be at the Willoughby Quad at 8am. Probably with The Dawn Patrol as well.

And I don't carry a radio. FWIW I am pretty easy to pick out....and Andy Zee knows my mug. :wink:

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
One less thing to carry if you don't have a radio TB. I look like the guy on the left of the photo below... if you look for my buddy on the right you're at Breckenridge...

HSCTrip_Vail_2007_002.jpg

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
YES.

For Sunday, I will be at the Willoughby Quad at 8am. Probably with The Dawn Patrol as well.

And I don't carry a radio. FWIW I am pretty easy to pick out....and Andy Zee knows my mug. :wink:

Hehe, good one! Guess everyone should meet up with me first and then I'll track down TB. You all know me, right? :grin:

thetrailboss

Staff member
RIDEr:

I will PM you my cell# for Saturday and Sunday.

And I don't know what they do for the 8am openings...they've been reserving the 8-9am slot for passholders, but who knows....

Worst case: we can try to meet (on Sunday that is).

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just to be clear:

Saturday, February 17, 2007. 10am. Burke Mountain. Sherburne Base Area (on the snow....on the HSQ side of the landing).

:wink:

nelsapbm

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it over, but if this past weekend was fantastic at Burke. With the new snow expected this week, you guys will have a great time!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Just to be clear:

Saturday, February 17, 2007. 10am. Burke Mountain. Sherburne Base Area (on the snow....on the HSQ side of the landing).

:wink:

I will most likely already be skiing (starting at 8:00) Saturday morning. I will plan to meet the group at 10:15-10:20 at the Willoughby Quad. Just look for this guy (borrowed pic from Riverc0il)
20061230jay18.jpg

With the amount of snow I am desperately hoping for out of this upcoming storm I probably won't make the run to the lower lodge. If the glades are wide open I will probably be in and out of the trees most of the day. For those of you that can't make it, that's too bad. It could be an epic weekend with me, TrailBoss and the other 10 people skiing there on a holiday weekend :-o
I recommend fence sitters to suck it up and just do it. You will not regret it :razz: