• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burkeapolooza II: February 17-18th

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Sunday mornings I play hockey from 7:00 to 8. I will likely be to the mtn by 10. I haven't determined my exact schedule for the weekend (I'll definitely be there Saturday). I may ski a bit on Monday as well but probably not all day (unless I am STILL skiing knee deep Pow :daffy: ).

awf170

I'm out. When there is going to be epic skiing everywhere I can't push myself to drive an extra hour or so. I might be up at Burke later in the week though.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm out. When there is going to be epic skiing everywhere I can't push myself to drive an extra hour or so. I might be up at Burke later in the week though.

Have fun fighting with the crowds. You should hook up with us at some point though...it is worth the drive and much easier to get to than Wildcat or Jay.

Last edited:

awf170

Have fun fighting with the crowds.

I will. :razz:

I really hope I don't have to fight with crowds on Cardigan.

You should hook up with us at some point though...

Yeah, I'll try to. I will be able to ski monday, tuesday, thursday, and sunday over vacation. For the rest of the season I will be able to make it tuesday, thursday, or sunday.

it is worth the drive and much easier to get to than Wildcat or Jay.

Easier than Jay, yes. But when I go to Jay I can usually hitch a ride with Steve, which makes the drive not too bad since I only have to drive to St. J.

Easier than Wildcat, no. Route 16 may suck, but I can get to Wildcat in 2:40, since Cannon is 2:15 for me I don't think there is anyway I can get to Burke in under 3 hours.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow. This is going to be the best weekend of the season...and we said that last weekend and the weekend before!!! :eek: :eek:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
My schedule is shaping up like this...
Thursday: Dawn patrol - morning 5:45 AM to 7:30 AM
Saturday: Burke 8:00 to close
Sunday: Still questionable as to when if I'll get out (have to spend some time witht e fiance this weeknd :spin: ).
Monday: May start at Burke in the morning for a few lift served warm-up runs and then head for the Back Country up near Lake Willoughby (definite now). I may make an entire day out of the back country and do serveral laps depending on conditions at Burke. There will likely be 3-4 (or more) feet :-o of untouched pow up there that has been accumulating 3-5 inches at at time during our cold stretch. Add on a couple-3 feet today and Huala! heaven. :D :D :D

snowmonster

Just found this thread. Been planning a trip to Burke and it's finally happening this Saturday. It's great that AZers will be meeting up and would love to join you. Problem is I'm driving up from Boston and doubt if I can make the 10 am meeting. Where can I meet you folks at noon? If it's too much of a hassle, no worries. Can't wait to finally experience the place everyone around here raves about.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just found this thread. Been planning a trip to Burke and it's finally happening this Saturday. It's great that AZers will be meeting up and would love to join you. Problem is I'm driving up from Boston and doubt if I can make the 10 am meeting. Where can I meet you folks at noon? If it's too much of a hassle, no worries. Can't wait to finally experience the place everyone around here raves about.

Snowmonster--

PM me and we can exchange phone numbers.