• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burkeapolooza II: February 17-18th

Tin Woodsman

Wow. I just found out about this 20 minutes ago. As it turns out, I'll be up there with a friend of mine and his fiance. His house is at Sunapee, but I convinced him that burke would probably be the least crowded place within a reasonable drive from there on Saturday. Not sure if we'll be able to maek the 10:00 meeting, but hopefully I'll run into some of you folks out on the hill. I'd ask for a deep B/C tour guide, but my buddy's fiance won't be up for that and I can't bail on them.....again. :lol:

If anyone's looking, I'll be thje kook with the yallow jacket, black pants, red helmet, red/black camelback and yellow CMH Volkls.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
That makes at LEAST 25 people that I know are headed to Burke tomorrow (between AZers, people from work, various other friends). Just to manage expectations...I have a feeling tomorrow could get a bit crowded :blink: so be prepared.
This may be a very rare event if the lines are longer than five minutes. I don't think I have EVER waited longer than 10 minutes in the 6 years I've been skiing at Burke. Like I said before I may need to get VERY creative to find fresh lines tomorrow :)

Tin Woodsman

Would love to meet up with you for a run or four so as to encourage that creativity.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Well in my opinion, Burkeapolooza II was a big success. Great conditions and great people. Trailboss gotta say it again dude, Thanks For Everything!! You're hospitality was really appreciated. It was a real pleasure meeting and skiing with everyone there this past Saturday. Koreshot, hope all is well with you.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, it was fun. Thanks for coming! If you didn't come, you really missed a spectacular day. I did the Torch Light Parade later that night and skied from 8-3 today....I can barely walk!

TR's soon...

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
skied from 8-3 today....

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up today. I was ready to go all day, but Ms RIDEr was in a little tough shape today so we stuck with the trails mainly... got her to hit the glades once....

Overall, the weekend was a fantastic time. It was an absolute pleasure meeting and skiing with everybody all day Saturday.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yes, it was fun. Thanks for coming! If you didn't come, you really missed a spectacular day. I did the Torch Light Parade later that night and skied from 8-3 today....I can barely walk!

TR's soon...

Hehe, we did Pico today, after all the powder yesterday, our legs were hurting a weeeeeee bit. But, sure not complaining. Can't wait for Burkeapolooza III :) Has anyone heard anything about Koreshot?

thetrailboss

Staff member
OK, pics are now in for Saturday.

The gallery is HERE.

DSCN02961.JPG

snowmonster

Just got back from Vermont and on to a computer. Great weekend! Awesome day at Burke.

Thanks for being a great host, Trailboss. We appreciate your hospitality and for taking the time to show us the mountain you love. We've got to do this again. Sorry we weren't able to stay for the torch parade. You're right, I am Burke's newest fan! Regards to Ms. Trailboss.

Great to meet your, RIDEr. Hope your second day on the mountain was just as fun. Apres ski was fun too. Regards to Ms. RIDEr.

Andyzee, how was Pico today? Will definitely let you know when I visit K next so you can give me a guided tour. Regards to all.

Koreshot, hope you're ok. Let us know about your adventure out there.

from the nek, great meeting you. Someday, I may work up the skill (and courage) to hit the woods with you.

Little snowmonster (as she wants to be called) and I went to Sugarbush today. Snowed non-stop from the morning until they stopped spinning the lifts at 4 (great timing). Took andyzee's advice and headed for Mt. Ellen. It was crowded there but it was worse at Lincoln. The only way to have a 10 minute wait on the quads was to line up as a single. Seems like everyone who wanted to visit Sugarbush was there. Anyway, conditions were very good. I know now that I do not know how to ski powder. Will do a TR as soon as I am able.

Just want to say that the folks at Burkeapalooza II were awesome. Great bunch. Can't wait for Burkeapalooza III!