Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

From a threecy website:

Tenney Mountain Ski Area Sold
    Monday, December 1, 2014, NewEnglandSkiIndustry.com
    Nearly four years after being sold at auction to Iroquois Capital Management, LLC, Tenney Mountain ski area has been acquired by Tenney Mountain Development Group, LLC via quitclaim deed. The estimated price was $1.25 million.

Tenney Mountain Development Group, LLC, also known as TMDG, was registered as a New Hampshire company on October 17, 2014. The Windham, New Hampshire company's President is Michael Bouchard, who appears to have been involved in multiple wireless technology businesses.

The troubled ski area last operated during the 2009-10 season, after which it found itself on the auction block. Originally opened in 1960, Tenney struggled through numerous ownership changes and closures. Since its most recent closure, Groton Wind was constructed near the top of the ski area, casting turbine shadows down the quickly overgrowing ski slopes. While some snowmaking equipment has been sold, the chairlifts remain standing.

interesting...
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

If the purchaser is in the wireless technology business, I am willing to bet that he wants access to the summit and has no intention of running a ski area.

Damn - I thought we were all going to pitch in - dropped the ball. We even identified who was going to do what.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...ghlight=Tenney
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    interesting...
    Quite...

I had heard that the Hornet was being inspected on behalf of a potential buyer a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    If the purchaser is in the wireless technology business, I am willing to bet that he wants access to the summit and has no intention of running a ski area.
    I had also been thinking that might be the case.

please....please...please...

Quote Originally Posted by witch hobble View Post
    Quite...

I had heard that the Hornet was being inspected on behalf of a potential buyer a couple weeks ago.
    Was it being inspected for potential operation or for sale? Hopefully the former. How much of a market is there for a 6,000 foot double chair, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Was it being inspected for potential operation or for sale? Hopefully the former. How much of a market is there for a 6,000 foot double chair, anyway?
    That could be the slowest chair in all New England, made the Spear Mountain Triple seem high speed. Just really hope if it is opened for skiing it is not another hermit club type thing. Loved the trees and trails there.

Quote Originally Posted by witch hobble View Post
    Quite...

That would be the best news of all for those of us who would like to see it reopened. I had read that the people who were holding it wanted that but nothing in the item about the sale. Would love to see it become another Ragged (wasn't Ragged at one time on life support?). I would visit with the boy at PSU and the nostalgia buff I am (all the original Ski 93 areas would be open to skiing again).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Thread Information