Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on? - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    That was my life as a student at UVM. Classes on Tuesday & Thursday, ski the rest at Stowe.
    First year of college - skied Brodie and Jiminy Peak. Then took a break (grades were crap due to skiing too much), made snow for Jay Peak and skied there a lot before going into the military. In the military, got stationed in Germany and skied some of the smaller hills and some of the Alps even to TDY pay to ski. Got out of the military, back to LSC and skied Jay Peak and Burke ( got way better grades). Definitely had some good times.

PSU sits in a pretty good location in that respect!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    PSU sits in a pretty good location in that respect!
    If your primary concern is skiing, PSU seems to be better than UVM. The one advantage of UVM is that it's one of the cheapest ways to ski Stowe. But PSU's deals are unbelievable, and the skiing is a lot closer than at UVM.

That was my life as a student at UVM. Classes on Tuesday & Thursday, ski the rest at Stowe.
    My bro goes to UVM and lives there. The past two years, he and his large group of ski friends went to stowe. They decided to convert to the other side of the highway and and get season passes for sugarbush and mad river. Thank God.

I really hope Tenny re-opens but an express quad is a must. They can't compete with Waterville, cannon, loon, ragged and gunstock if they don't update.

Went to UMF and my "all east" ASC season pass was like 299 freshman year IIRC. Maybe 349?

Got something like 65 days in freshman year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post
    My bro goes to UVM and lives there. The past two years, he and his large group of ski friends went to stowe. They decided to convert to the other side of the highway and and get season passes for sugarbush and mad river. Thank God.
    Hope they're saving a bunch of money switching to a mountain that averages almost 100 inches less snow and has inferior terrain.

I like having Tenney available because it's so unpopular it's like a private ski area. Anyone who re-opens it better be in it for the love and have deep pockets. I'd predict it won't re-open, and on the outside chance it does, it closes again within 5 years.

"man you make it look so fluid"

Quote Originally Posted by bobbutts View Post
    I like having Tenney available because it's so unpopular it's like a private ski area. Anyone who re-opens it better be in it for the love and have deep pockets. I'd predict it won't re-open, and on the outside chance it does, it closes again within 5 years.
    That's bad news to hear from a local but unfortunately probably accurate. Caught in that no mans land between the lakes and the bigger peaks of the Whites. If reopened they should try and team up with others to try and drive traffic that way (the NH Super Pass?)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hope they're saving a bunch of money switching to a mountain that averages almost 100 inches less snow and has inferior terrain.
    We have gone to both before and we all think Sugarbush is far superior. Stowe is fun but doesn't have the character that the bush has. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post

I really hope Tenny re-opens but an express quad is a must. They can't compete with Waterville, cannon, loon, ragged and gunstock if they don't update.
    It'll be really hard for anyone trying to buy that area to find the money to immediately purchase a high speed quad. Whenever someone purchases an area, their goal is almost always to get a high speed lift in there and to justify that they have to build up something resembling a skier base before spending 5 or 6 million. It took Peak Resorts at Crotched nearly a decade to do it.

I think a carpet loaded lift is the way to go. It's a small enough area and it'll make anyone who wants to go there very happy with a 5 or six minute summit ride.

I'll sadly be shocked if Tenney ever reopens though

Quote Originally Posted by Higgl View Post
    I think a carpet loaded lift is the way to go. It's a small enough area and it'll make anyone who wants to go there very happy with a 5 or six minute summit ride.
    Uh... Hornet Double is 5985 ft. You could squeak out a 10-minute ride with a variance.

Thread Information